Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Power Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would this void warranties?

All I really want is a way to easily close the frunk. Not bother much about being a power lift. I feel I'll bend the aluminium when trying to shut it. So I try not using it.

Any way to make it easy close?

Not sure on the Model S, but on the 3, people were replacing the spring or something that made it easier to close.

I am not sure how it would void warranty, unless your 12v battery died and needed Tesla's help. Otherwise, the power frunk install/uninstall can be done easily in half an hour after you know what you're doing.

Hey bud, I got my order yesterday and was able to successfully install it after struggling with the 10mm screws on the suction block unit for awhile.

Now, I didn't take any before pictures, but I feel like my hood isn't closing down/as flush as it was previously. Today I tried to adjust that block by moving it down as low as it would go (and in the process dropped the flat 10mm wrench I have...) but the hood still looks a little elevated. Can you post a close up picture of your hood and front to indicate gap?

Also, any recommendation on 10mm wrench? That space is so tiny and so impossible to get to, it's basically the only thing difficult about the install.
I also have a problem with the frunk not closing completely. I had done all kinds of adjustment.

Mine starting degrading pretty fast. Only after 2 months, 8-10 open/shut cycles, it stopped closing all the way (I had to push it down to latch, like you do without it) then it stopped opening.... needs manual intervention for about 6 inches or so before it has the power to lift it up the remainder of the way.

Been spending the last few months with Hansshow support. It is such a painful process that takes place on WhatsApp. You send a message, maybe a few days, maybe a week or to later, you get a response. They ask for all sorts of video evidence, which I've sent. Even after everything, they want me to do a video call but the only time they have to do it is during their daylight hours. I'm expecting to one hand a phone, disassemble my frunk again, in the dark and show them what exactly, that I haven't already?

They will do everything to avoid warranty on their sub-par struts.

Definitely would not recommend.

Mine starting degrading pretty fast. Only after 2 months, 8-10 open/shut cycles, it stopped closing all the way (I had to push it down to latch, like you do without it) then it stopped opening.... needs manual intervention for about 6 inches or so before it has the power to lift it up the remainder of the way.

Been spending the last few months with Hansshow support. It is such a painful process that takes place on WhatsApp. You send a message, maybe a few days, maybe a week or to later, you get a response. They ask for all sorts of video evidence, which I've sent. Even after everything, they want me to do a video call but the only time they have to do it is during their daylight hours. I'm expecting to one hand a phone, disassemble my frunk again, in the dark and show them what exactly, that I haven't already?

They will do everything to avoid warranty on their sub-par struts.

Definitely would not recommend.

Are you still having problems with your frunk? Try increasing the opening and closing force.
Two months after installing mine, it would not fully open. I increased the opening force and it has been working perfectly for 9 months now.

When you installed the control module, did you put it in a bag to protect it from the elements? You need to do that because the area surrounding the frunk is just like an engine compartment where dirt and moisture can get in.

Reactions: drift
Are you still having problems with your frunk? Try increasing the opening and closing force.
Two months after installing mine, it would not fully open. I increased the opening force and it has been working perfectly for 9 months now.

When you installed the control module, did you put it in a bag to protect it from the elements? You need to do that because the area surrounding the frunk is just like an engine compartment where dirt and moisture can get in.
I agree with your recommendation. I set the opening and closing force to 4 on installation and have had zero problems with the Hansshow kit. The Model S should have originally come with an auto frunk.

Reactions: Russell
Hansshow has increased the discount to 20% off.
The code "russtesla" will work on all of their Tesla accessories for the S 3 X & Y.

The code "russtesla" is now good for 30% off specific items like the Model S 3 & X powered frunk and trunk kits.
The code "russtesla25" is good for 25% off specific items like the Model Y powered frunk kit, Model 3 motorized door handles and soft close. Discount ends 11/30. See pics below for the full list.
Smart Family Vehicle Solution | Hansshow car Accessories

30.png
25.png

Hey folks. I installed the frunk kit. Opens fine. Will only close if I push the button inside the frunk. Nothing else will make it close. When I initiate a close command, (other than with the inside frunk button), the latch releases but the cover won’t move.

Hey folks. I installed the frunk kit. Opens fine. Will only close if I push the button inside the frunk. Nothing else will make it close. When I initiate a close command, (other than with the inside frunk button), the latch releases but the cover won’t move.
I remember having similar issues. I can’t remember what solved it, but I had to do the programming and speed settings and get it to successfully raise a few times before it would lower correctly. Something likely needed to be “trained” to get it to cycle correctly. Stick with it.

Teslaoffer kit has been working without any issues for 4 months now. Even now when it's cold.

I have more trouble with trunk, it sometimes refuses to open fully if there is too much snow on top of it. :) Opens half way, then figures it's not worth the effort and closes. :)

Reactions: 2101Guy
i was thinking about getting it but found an alternative and i have been happy with it. mainly my reason to get it was the issue of fingerprinting the front hood on my black MS but I recently installed a partial 3M clear film and also applied turtlewax ceramic coating on it (2 coats with 24hr gap) and man nomore fingerprints. so glad now. not that i use the front alot but now whenever i do it doesnt leave fingerprints.

• Informative
Reactions: Cowby
anyone have one of these (any brand) installed for say, a year and have NO issues? As I read through the threads, none seem to have a repuitation for having permanent quality working order.

I have the Hannshow installed in my Model S for 1yr 1mos. The only issue was needing to adjust the opening force (from the lowest setting 1 to 2) about 2mos after install. Other than that it works great!

Last edited:

Have you figured out the problem? Sounds like a control box issue.

Last edited:
i was thinking about getting it but found an alternative and i have been happy with it. mainly my reason to get it was the issue of fingerprinting the front hood on my black MS but I recently installed a partial 3M clear film and also applied turtlewax ceramic coating on it (2 coats with 24hr gap) and man nomore fingerprints. so glad now. not that i use the front alot but now whenever i do it doesnt leave fingerprints.

Glad you solved the fingerprint issue, but I would be worried about the creasing issue more.

Last edited: