Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Power Trunk Release

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed the Hansshow power trunk release last year in our 2019 Model 3. It worked great until recently (minus the foot sensor which only worked when demonstrated by the installer). There are now several issues: When the trunk opens it flies up and I haven't been able to adjust the speed. It will then keep beeping for about 20 seconds. Then when I push the close button it tries to push the lid up instead of down. It did try to go down once, but stopped half way. When I manually close the lid with everything connected, I sometimes get a trunk open warning on the display. And finally, the trunk leaks which I assume is because in a manual mode it doesn't snug down. I tried unplugging the power to the Hansshow control box and letting it sit overnight before reconnecting, but it doesn't help. Any help on any of my issues would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

I installed the Hansshow power trunk release last year in our 2019 Model 3. It worked great until recently (minus the foot sensor which only worked when demonstrated by the installer). There are now several issues: When the trunk opens it flies up and I haven't been able to adjust the speed. It will then keep beeping for about 20 seconds. Then when I push the close button it tries to push the lid up instead of down. It did try to go down once, but stopped half way. When I manually close the lid with everything connected, I sometimes get a trunk open warning on the display. And finally, the trunk leaks which I assume is because in a manual mode it doesn't snug down. I tried unplugging the power to the Hansshow control box and letting it sit overnight before reconnecting, but it doesn't help. Any help on any of my issues would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
PLEASE let us know if/how you fix the problem, especially if you contact Hansshow. Alas, their track record in these matters is quite poor.

Upvote 0