Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow premium audio upgrade [error on screen] - eCall emergency call system needs service

chrisdk

Mar 7, 2020
Denmark
I just Got the Hansshow premium audio upgrade harness installed in my M3 2020 SR+. I didn’t do this myself, but I got a 3rd party workshop to do it for me.

When I got the car back, I noticed that I persistently got the error “eCall emergency call system needs service”. The error won’t go away after 4 days, although I have tried soft reset (wheel buttons), turning the car off on the LCD, letting it sleep for hours, etc. I also checked the passenger footwell trim if any cables had come loose, but nothing here.

A far as I know the harness doesn’t have anything to do with the eCall system, so either the workshop must have unplugged something by mistake, or there is a hardware error which happened to pop up the same day.

The car will go back to the workshop, that’s for sure, but I also wanted to make sure that this is not something i can fix myself.do anyone know of any fix or if it has to do with the harness upgrade itself?

Mikko S

Mar 10, 2021
Finland
Hi. I had a similar experience with Teslaoffer harness where the harness is missing 5 wires that connect to the blue connector on the driver A-pillar. Not sure about the Hanshow variant but there may very well be similar issues that are evident on eurospec cars only and not recognised while testi g on other variants. Teslaoffer has since made changes to the harness they sell. Sadly though I haven't received my 'retrofit kit' for the missing wires.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC