Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow premium audio upgrade for 2023 M3SR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was no walk in the park!
Looks much easier in the video’s!

I was unable to pull off the first connector on the computer but I managed to just do the black connector.

Hardest part is the close up.
Where does everyone put the connections harness near the “B” pillar? Where does it fit?

I may have to remove the trim in the spring when I can work outside with the door wide open.

It was no walk in the park!
Looks much easier in the video’s!

I was unable to pull off the first connector on the computer but I managed to just do the black connector.

Hardest part is the close up.
Where does everyone put the connections harness near the “B” pillar? Where does it fit?

I may have to remove the trim in the spring when I can work outside with the door wide open.
:eek:lol now I'm worried. I won't be getting mine delivered anytime soon since its Chinese new year and they are closed for 10 days. I actually haven't seen any videos with the DIY (new version) install. I am assuming they are similar with the regular DIY.
Keep me posted if you don't mind when you do your install.

:eek:lol now I'm worried. I won't be getting mine delivered anytime soon since its Chinese new year and they are closed for 10 days. I actually haven't seen any videos with the DIY (new version) install. I am assuming they are similar with the regular DIY.
Don't be worried, it is doable.
For myself I felt safer disconnecting the 12V and the main battery from under the rear seat.

Same as this set up from Evoffer except that you don't tap the wires on the side wall, just use the connector.
But don't be fooled that you can do this with your finger nails! lol
He makes it look very easy. The kit you ordered should come with a trim tool
I used that and a small bladed flat screw driver to push down the lock tabs.

Reactions: clovis_ll

Please update once you are able to install. Wondering myself which one to get.

Finally got my DIY new version. I'll try to install this weekend and see how it goes.
F037C12E-15D2-4781-8295-156049D847DB.jpeg

Reactions: Rohhee
Finally got my DIY new version. I'll try to install this weekend and see how it goes.
View attachment 904267
Nice! Definitely will keep an eye on this thread then. Glad to see that they included the orange pry tool - that was one thing I was not sure if they would have included that. Definitely let us know your experience, especially since I know from reading the instructions its kind of ambiguous :\

Also ordered the new version of the DIY - and I don't even have my car yet! lol!
Taking delivery Saturday, I am so excited. Once this part comes in will give it a shot, and turn on Joe Mode...

Last edited:
Reactions: clovis_ll
View attachment 904267
The install is very easy. Took 30 minutes.

My honest review is…there’s a front presence but it’s too harsh. Sound quality is majorly lost. My subwoofer with the harness made the bass really punchy, muddy and flat. Once I took off the harness, the sub was more musical and was hitting the lower frequencies. But I’ll keep it so I don’t have to tap my oem wiring.

The install is very easy. Took 30 minutes.

My honest review is…there’s a front presence but it’s too harsh. Sound quality is majorly lost. My subwoofer with the harness made the bass really punchy, muddy and flat. Once I took off the harness, the sub was more musical and was hitting the lower frequencies. But I’ll keep it so I don’t have to tap my oem wiring.
What subwoofer are you referring to? There is no subwoofer in the Model 3 RWD or the old SR+ cars.

Did you purchase the kit with the subwoofer?

Not yet. It was raining yesterday so I'll be doing this today. How was it? Does it actually made a huge difference to the audio
How did it go for you? Do you have any recommendations on how to remove the side trim piece that is to the right of the passenger seat? The instructions dont really seem to explain that part. I am fine understanding the instructions in terms of powering down / disconnecting the batteries and then removing the panel underneath the glovebox, but after that it looks like they skipped a step (or 5..).

How did it go for you? Do you have any recommendations on how to remove the side trim piece that is to the right of the passenger seat? The instructions dont really seem to explain that part. I am fine understanding the instructions in terms of powering down / disconnecting the batteries and then removing the panel underneath the glovebox, but after that it looks like they skipped a step (or 5..).
I am struggling on getting the panel underneath the glovebox. I only managed to get the right most side removed. I feel like there is still something holding the panel in place.

Finally installed! Took a while coz I am trying to figure out where to put the additional clip and harness that's under the B-Pillar. Perfect timing too coz once I got it figured out, my yoke steering wheel arrived 😊

Yeah there is some difference but it's not drastic. I haven't noticed the loud notifications yet but I read enabling "joe mode" should mitigate that.

Reactions: acaurora
I ordreed the DYI with the detachablue box. The i presume older DIY…I can confirm i guess i got the RHD one too the cable between the wall and the computer when stretched out reaches past my center console when connected but i have then all zip tied up now…and hooked up the Tparts USB ports with data for my center console
Are you sure this kit is for your '23 RWD?
Because I chatted with Hansshow and they told that only Version A or DIY(NEW) will fit on '23 M3 with AMD