Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Premium Audio Upgrade (Version F) 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ended up removing mine. Hansshow’s support did not know how to help me and it has been three days. I will ask for a refund or if anyone on here knows how to install it or has an installer near them and want to give it a shot, I‘ll sell it at a deep discount.

Here’s the latest. Only the tweeters, hansshow Rear, and subwoofer have sound. None of the original speakers work. I’m getting frustrated.
This is day 3.
I have the opposite. original speakers, and sub working fine, but nothing obvious from the tweeters and rears.

For the Main DSP, a large blue light comes on if it is powered. The small DSP is a a flashing red light. Hansshow confirmed. I have found Hansshow support on WhatsApp to be very helpful so far. I have some further testing to do.

Any update on this?
I was able to remove the panel below the glove box. It required yanking downwards from the front side of the panel and then unclipping from a slot at the back.

Undoing the connection to the MCU ended up being the hardest thing. I needed Wifeyprime with small hands to help.

I also needed her to mount the sub. It was a two person job.

Reactions: Leeroy and Kcortez
I ended up removing mine. Hansshow’s support did not know how to help me and it has been three days. I will ask for a refund or if anyone on here knows how to install it or has an installer near them and want to give it a shot, I‘ll sell it at a deep discount.
Yeah, so I've been trying to get a refund from them for two days now. Long story short, I looked at the packaging and it's says RHD kit, I specifically ordered an LHD. I contacted them via WhatsApp and their response was it will work for an LHD car. I then complain about the 5 plugs ad told them that the video and instructions ony showed 4 plugs. I requested a full refund. He finally said ok. But the next day, he changed his mind and told me to just cut the extra wire and he will give me a partial refund. I said no way I'm.installing a harness that is for a rhd car and then cut a wire for the extra plug. I ended up filing a dispute with my Amex. What a mess!!!!

I noticed that my mother's 21 SR+ has rear speaker grills in the rear parcel shelf (and i'm assuming inactive speakers), and my 21 SR+ doesn't have speaker grills. I'm thinking of upgrade my sound system, so can I swap the rear parcel shelves out or is it more complicated than that?

I don’t think the 2021 has speakers installed at all in the parcel shelf even if it has the grills. Mine certainly doesn’t (04/21 MIC model)
20211230_191806.jpg

I just tried prying the grill to open it and see if there speakers in there but it won't budge. I'm afraid of breaking it if I apply too much force. Any tips?

View attachment 750171
I just tried prying the grill to open it and see if there speakers in there but it won't budge. I'm afraid of breaking it if I apply too much force. Any tips?
Shine a torch through the back window onto the grille. iPhone will probably do. This should reveal rear speakers (or lack there of like mine! 😔)
There are YouTube vids and various threads on the forum about pulling the back parcel shelf. It isn’t a huge deal, but the side bolsters of the back seats have to come out 1 on each side
(the filler between the seat and the doorframe) and many people have complained about breaking the clips as you do this. It is however, easily removed.

Reactions: xallenx1
Considering audio upgrade for SR+, but not sure whether new software features work with upgrade kits, example

- subwoofer tunability (holiday update)
- subwoofer and bass at max ( )

Anyone with upgraded kits may be able to verify. Thanks.
I installed the TeslaOffer cable yesterday. The balance adjustment between front and rear and left and rights works fine as well as the equalizer. The removal of the panels was not difficult. The whole job took less than 30 minutes. I should say mine was a 2019 SR+. I did not install the subwoofer and the rear shelf speakers are already there.

Reactions: SandyP and Leeroy
I installed the F kit today, 4 guys and about 6 hours....made some mistakes but all the speakers and sub are working. I didn't install the Hansshow rears though as my car had the factory rears.

Main issue was the instructions aren't great. Ended up with two out standing issues:
1) Sub was pushing on the front "pin" for the right hand rear reflector causing it to stick out. I'm assuming I have a bracket slightly off but only noticed after dsp was in place so hard to tell. While working though it I pulled the reflector off and broke one of the other pins so took the dirty way out......cut down the problem pin then added a bunch of double sided tape.

2) Teala LightShow no longer works. I get the boom at the beginning then the music plays for a couple of seconds before just stopping and going back to the LightShow screen. None of the lights flash.

Can confirm the sub volume isn't displayed on the screen.

Reactions: PC__LoadLetter
Ah! Thanks for confirming the LightShow issue. I got the update right after I installed Version F and had the same issue. I suspected this was the cause but haven't taken the time to confirm myself.

I'm curious if custom light shows behave the same... Have you tried?

I have the version F and the light show works great, not sure what could be causing that issue.

For any tips I have a lot on my you tube channel in regards to the version F install. From rear deck removal/install to adding the rear shelf speakers and the full version F install.

HitUpOlas 4DIY

I have the version F and the light show works great, not sure what could be causing that issue.

HitUpOlas 4DIY
If this is true you might be the only person who has a Hansshow Version F and Light Show working. There are many comments online about it cutting out after a couple of seconds and no fixes as far as I’ve seen.
Do you have any special settings or firmware on your Hansshow install?

Reactions: Vedaprime
If this is true you might be the only person who has a Hansshow Version F and Light Show working. There are many comments online about it cutting out after a couple of seconds and no fixes as far as I’ve seen.
Do you have any special settings or firmware on your Hansshow install?
I have never adjusted the DSP settings or changed firmware. Installation of the version F was in DEC 2020. My Model 3 is a AUG 2020 build. I did use a factory rear deck harness from a 2018 and its rear speakers. That’s the only difference I could see mine having.

That you tube video comparison is just using the DIY cable. It is not version F.

Last edited:
For those of you with Version F, can you please let me know the following, I've been struggling hard with Support on Whatsapp.

I have 2 issues (maybe related)
1. Hissing noise when no music playing, goes away when I turn on rear window defrost 🤨
2. Clipping / Cracking from dashboard speakers when Sub Gain & LPF are over 35%

Can you please let me know:
1. Your Sub Gain & LPF settings
2. Your Tesla EQ settings
3. Do you have the hissing noise?

In case it is helpful to anyone purchasing this, the Subwoofer will push on one of the clips for the rear reflector (opposite charge port cover).
If you then push the reflector back in, it will break a clip. I had to add 3 washers on the top sub mounting screw to get the sub to sit far enough away to clear the clips of the reflector.