Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Switchback dash review after 1 month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Removed my existing Hansshow phone holder/charger and installed their Switchback Dash in my MYP, and wanted to share my thoughts after a month. PROS: Small design does not block air con. Neat feature that allows it to flip 180 degrees and become a phone holder/charger. USB port to allow firmware updates (hopefully). Integrates into overall design nicely - looks like factory part. Fair price (buy on Amazon and not Hansshow). Bright display that dims (somewhat) with main screen dimming. CONS: Speedo numbers are still too small - much smaller than factory display. Funky graphic design - not a fan of any of the three choices (see my visual review). Displays are too bright at night. Displays have too much information crammed into a small area and impossible to read. Install instructions are vague with poor quality photos.

I wanted this little dash display to be so much more, and I guess that's why I'm somewhat disappointed after using it for a month. Hansshow could fix my biggest gripe with a simple firmware update. Give me a BIGGER speedo and let me choose from more screen designs that range from simple to complex (I'll choose simple).

For the most part, I now flip the display around and use the phone holder/charger to run the excellent DigiHUD speedometer app. This display is close to perfect: Huge speed digits. Extensively customizable for color and displayed items using simple check boxes. Day and night mode with multiple color options. Your choice to make it simple or complex. Floats over navigation apps. Can be switched to HUD mode and display on windshield. Which takes me to Tesla itself. DigiHUD layout + Hansshow phone holder/charger + Tesla data via Bluetooth = Perfect aftermarket display! I'd have a display that is fully customizable with battery range and battery percentage, turn signal and lighting indicators, and all info would be accurate since it would be extracting data from the car and not GPS, only. Well, at least I can dream.

Attachments

• Switchback displays.jpg
    Switchback displays.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 330
  • DigiHUD.jpg
    DigiHUD.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 238
I have ordered one from Amazon au AUD130 mostly interested in waze navigation on centre of steering wheel but like the simple speed indicator along with P and R indication…. extra visual aid and transition for non regular Tesla drivers. Like the fact that it is an active device… even without phone attached … yet very minimalist in line with Tesla design aesthetics. I wonder what Sandy Munro would think? For my 2022 M3 received 10jan23.