Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Swivel Mount issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the new Hansshow swivel mount and attempted to install it. Everything seem to go smoothly but when I was done, the screen is not level when in the straight position (not driver facing). It is also not moving up and down, just left and right. Not sure if anyone else has installed it and would know what I may have done wrong. Thanks.

• Informative
Reactions: Skavatar
I got the new Hansshow swivel mount and attempted to install it. Everything seem to go smoothly but when I was done, the screen is not level when in the straight position (not driver facing). It is also not moving up and down, just left and right. Not sure if anyone else has installed it and would know what I may have done wrong. Thanks.
I noticed that, too. I thought it was supposed to swivel vertically, not just horizontally. I also had a few other problems. The monster allen wrench doesn't seem to tighten the assembly but rather just turn the whole thing. The only way to stabilize the assembly is to tighten the large upper nut. But as soon as you swivel the screen the nut loosens. And after you put on the newer Hansshow fascia you can't get to the nut. Plus the fascia cover just doesn't fit very well. It's way too tight in the rear of the assembly (nearer to the passenger/driver compartment. This poorly designed fascia cover is probably why several installation videos complain about the big gap where to facia is suppose to grab on to the underneath part of the upper dashboard cover. And that extra piece of plastic that is included with the kit does not help at all. The cover is just poorly designed. I had to cut a hole in the top of the cover to access the nut. Then I designed a formed piece of plastic to cover the hole and screwed in place with some 0-80 screws. I also replaced the big nut with a self-locking (nylon insert) nut. (See attached M3_1 through M3_3) Unfortunately, It was too long (thickness), so I had to cut about 1/8" off the end of the nut so the nylon part could grab on to the screw. The only way to cut off the end of the screw is if you have access to a metal cutting lathe, which I assume most people don't have a use for. I also tapered the contact face of the self-locking nut (more conical) so it would allow the assembly to rotate more easily. Needless to say, this is an awful lot of trouble to go to for a poorly designed screen swivel. Hopefully, one of the other manufacturer's versions has a better design. (I won't even go into that ridiculous mounting system for the temperature sensor (See attached M3_4 and M3_5). The original tabs break off, so I formulated a modified mounting system.)

Attachments

• M3_1.jpg
    M3_1.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 137
  • M3_2.jpg
    M3_2.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 90
  • M3_3.jpg
    M3_3.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 87
  • M3_4.jpg
    M3_4.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 81
  • M3-5.jpg
    M3-5.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Informative
I think the Hansshow swivel is very poorly done. I ordered the 30° left right and 15° up down and they sent me the cheaper left-right only. I had the thing all apart before I noticed they cheated me, so tried to install, but their swivel stuck out too far so their cover wouldn't snap in place at the top. So in the end, I uninstalled everything and now after responding once via email (and sent them pics and detailed info) they asked me to respond via "Whatsapp" which I don't have so I wrote a second time and they seem to be doing their best to ignore me. I guess my next option is to contact credit card company for fraud since they sold me a more expensive version but shipped their older cheaper version. They are not fun to deal with. I had also ordered a CCS connector from them and they sent me what appeared to be a used/returned one. Paid $203 for it a week before Tesla lowered their price to $175. I would not recommend Hansshow products to anyone. Cheaply made and really poor (if you can get any) customer service.

• Informative