Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Tesla Smart Ring - Not great!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently received a Tesla Smart ring from Hansshow which came with 30% off in their Black Friday sale. About £80 ish.

The concept is great and on face value should be very useful. However, the performance is rather poor and the ring needs to be removed from the finger and laid flat on the door pillar and sensor inside the car before it is picked up. I've tested multiple times and even tried deleting and re-adding the ring with no improvement.

Maybe I have a faulty one but before I start a dialogue with the supplier, has anyone got one of these which works efficiently please? The videos on YouTube show it working well, even some chap with gloves on, but not mine alas.

Plus it was the missus's Christmas present to me - oops :eek:

• Informative
Reactions: Leeclanual
Sounds like yours is faulty - I've had one for many months & it literally works every time I use it (I use the ring at least 50% of the time for opening the car.)

Unlocking, make sure you place the edge of your knuckle against the door pillar below the camera.

To drive, putting my hand upside down anywhere over the console behind the cupholders always does the trick.

Sounds like yours is faulty - I've had one for many months & it literally works every time I use it (I use the ring at least 50% of the time for opening the car.)

Unlocking, make sure you place the edge of your knuckle against the door pillar below the camera.

To drive, putting my hand upside down anywhere over the console behind the cupholders always does the trick.
Thanks for confirming. I've tried all sorts of hand contortions but no joy. I've contacted Hansshow and waiting for a response.

I also saw a couple of videos online showing similar issues, but also some where the ring operates correctly. I'm just wondering if they've changed the internals, maybe to a local source? Interestingly when you rename the "key" to say "Ring" it just reverts back - albiet this may be an issue on the Tesla side.

I don't have a Hannshow one but assume they are mostly similar and mine works all the time with no issues.

I've had it on for 3 months and never take it off. I mostly use my phone but whenever I've gone to use the ring for whatever reason it has worked immediately without having to fumble around.

I also can't get the renamed key to keep it's name in the car but that's not related to the ring AFIK. Others have this issue with other devices and a search on the forum should steer you there if you want to read through that issue.

I don't have a Hannshow one but assume they are mostly similar and mine works all the time with no issues.

I've had it on for 3 months and never take it off. I mostly use my phone but whenever I've gone to use the ring for whatever reason it has worked immediately without having to fumble around.

I also can't get the renamed key to keep it's name in the car but that's not related to the ring AFIK. Others have this issue with other devices and a search on the forum should steer you there if you want to read through that issue.
Thanks for that. Looks like I may have a duffer. I really just want it to make access to the car easy when I get back from mountain biking without retrieving my 'phone from a back pack etc. At the moment it's pretty useless for that. It will work eventually but only after direct contact with the surface of the car and off my finger. Hopefully Hansshow will provide a solution although no response as yet.

Hannshow customer service has been pretty bad for me - never did resolve my massage seat module.
Both my wife and myself have a non-Hannshow ceramic rings as our wedding rings and only once have i had to take it off for it to work, about a week ago. rest of the time they've worked fine

Hannshow customer service has been pretty bad for me - never did resolve my massage seat module.
Both my wife and myself have a non-Hannshow ceramic rings as our wedding rings and only once have i had to take it off for it to work, about a week ago. rest of the time they've worked fine
Cheers. I may seek a refund and try another manufacturer. Who did you use please?

Er... as long as your phone is within 1m or so of the car, you don't need to get it out of anything... right?
Yes but my 'phone has a Bluetooth range in excess of 8m and so will unlock when I'm sat in the front room. So my mental process is to switch Bluetooth off after I've locked the car. Kinda conditioned now albeit I know I could just leave it on when I'm biking. Plus I have been very close to locking my 'phone in the car so a bit of contingency won't go amiss. Bit mad I know

that doesn't really sound right. I use my phone to control Hue lights with bluetooth from a distance much further away than I am from the car which means I have the range, but the car doesn't automatically unlock just because my phone is within BT range. I have to open a door on the car.

Yes it isn't expected functionality but for sure that's what happens with my 'phone. I'm not alone and there is a thread on here from a year or so back describing the issue. I'd unexpectedly been leaving the car open for a number of weeks after taking delivery. So now I enable/disable Bluetooth each time