TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

HANSSHOW Trunk Liftgate v3 install

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by dendenyc, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Dekodan

Dekodan Member

The V6 strut is indeed thinner. It does contact marginally. I also apply a product on my rubber seals that reduce the friction and also keeps them hydrated:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004B8GTQG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. ranova

ranova Member

3. JT_M3P

JT_M3P Member

^yes it runs.

4. Cultgti

Cultgti Member

I'm going to put some kind of electrical tape or suberized tape around the strut castle nut. The nuts edges are to sharp and are going to cut the rubber water seal attached to the back glass over time.

5. Solosheep

Solosheep New Member

would it do this if you are linked to the CanBUS? I have a V4 and looking at getting this installed in the coming month

6. ranova

ranova Member

pretty sure mine is connected via Canbus. I had it installed by RPM Tesla, and at that time the "v5" was insatlled, (which is the same as v4 but with different wiring) and it still shows the rotating opened and closed when the trunk is open. Its not a huge deal since it gives you enough time to close it before switching

7. dgjeffrey

dgjeffrey New Member

Just reading about the V6 trunk (boot in the UK!). I have installed and can add a video from Hannshow to adjust close force. However the forum blocks MP4 video? If you PM me I can send via WhatsApp. I've just adjusted it and it works fine. Otherwise the V6 works fine, rams don't push too hard on the seals and the open position and speed set are as the previous video shared.

8. RKazares

RKazares New Member

After reading many posts, and problems - does anyone know of a professional installer in or around Fort Lauderdale? Thanks