Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HANSSHOW Trunk Liftgate v3 install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is the added one.. Sorry IMG_20200430_181505.jpg

I justnnoticed that the connectors in the control unit are different.
So my diagram and control box and wiring harness belong together, no doubt.
But it seens to be strange because the struts looks different and they chose the "old" way to get 12V from the Battery and not from the passanger side.
I noticed that my latch motor looks different too.

This is my control box where you can see the new rubber seals for the struts and my latch motor.
I don't know if it's old or new or if it makes any difference. I just noticed it because the ones I have seen looked always the same.
The foot sensor is the same I have seen on many videos too.
Maybe someone can post a picture if there is a new one.
I got my set a few days ago.
IMG_20200502_180244.jpg IMG_20200502_180155.jpg IMG_20200502_180402.jpg IMG_20200502_180521.jpg IMG_20200502_180601.jpg

This is my control box where you can see the new rubber seals for the struts and my latch motor.
I don't know if it's old or new or if it makes any difference. I just noticed it because the ones I have seen looked always the same.
The foot sensor is the same I have seen on many videos too.
Maybe someone can post a picture if there is a new one.
I got my set a few days ago.
View attachment 538099 View attachment 538100 View attachment 538101 View attachment 538102 View attachment 538103

Curious did you order your's directly from hansshow? I believe hansshow's version has always been a black box even it's earlier versions based on the installations videos I've been watching when researching this.

The only version I know that I have seen that have the gray box is from TeslaOffer's power liftgate.

Attachments

• IMG_20200502_115023.jpg
    IMG_20200502_115023.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 223
Yes I ordered direct from hansshow.
I was suprised too. I expected also the Black one with english lettering which I have seen in all Videos.
The Tesla offers kit was the "old" version where you have to connect to the CAN BUS and with the rubber on the struts.
I absolutly don't wanted to cut any wire on my CAN BUS!
I think I have a mix of both kits.
My suction Motor is the same as on the Tesla offers kit and the Control Box seems to be the same but mine is without any labeling.
But I have the new hansshow struts and I don't have to connect to the CAN BUS.
Meanwhile I think hansshow makes them both and mixes up or improve the kits.
If it works I don't mind.
But it's really curious.
I think the bunch of versions and the various Installation guides do not create trust very well.
I hoped I get the newest version because I ordered direct from them.
It isn't clear if you have to remove the bumper cover. The guide is not very detailed.
You have to search your steps or variants from different guides and videos and Forums like this one.
I can post the guide which was attached.

I don't know if you can see it but on step three there are the old struts with the rubber outside.
And on the table how to open and close the trunk there is the column "new trunk close Button".
That was only for the old Tesla offers Version.
But on the other hand this column is on the newest DIY pro guide from hansshow itself.
So there must always have been a mix.

If it works, I'm fine. The only issue I have is to connect the foot sensor.
But if it takes too long I think I will splice the wires.
I want to start the installation :)

IMG_20200502_205548.jpg IMG_20200502_205604.jpg

No it doesn't affect the closing trunk. When it's toggles between the 2 you can only click on Open to close the trunk, since 'Opened' is disabled.
Thanks. Just to clarify that when it is in 'Opened' status there is no functionality with app, screen, fob, or foot sensor and you have to wait for a second or two for it to toggle back to 'Open' status before any of the closing methods react?

Thanks. Just to clarify that when it is in 'Opened' status there is no functionality with app, screen, fob, or foot sensor and you have to wait for a second or two for it to toggle back to 'Open' status before any of the closing methods react?
Yes, here's a video comparison to teslaoffers'
, he explains the differences and show how it works and the flaw around that animation.
For me it doesn't matter because I don't use a keyfob nor foot sensor. So I decided with hansshow since it's cheaper for me due to USD -> CAD conversion and does what I need and the toggle doesnt interfere with the functionality (with button, phone, screen).

Only reason why TeslaOffer's does differently is due to that it connects to the CAN another extra work wiring. It was already pain in the butt for me to drop the bumper and fish it through the hole.

Wiring the 12v under the reat seat made things a bit easier since I don't need to remove any more trim panels. Whole project took me about 10 hrs yesterday to complete. I am happy it's all done now and happy with the product.

Another note, I did have to get a special software update I found from
in the comments link to download Dropbox - TeslaShare - Simplify your life due to strength of the trunk closing wasn't strong enough to latch on.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: tlr1000
, he explains the differences and show how it works and the flaw around that animation.
For me it doesn't matter because I don't use a keyfob nor foot sensor. So I decided with hansshow since it's cheaper for me due to USD -> CAD conversion and does what I need and the toggle doesnt interfere with the functionality (with button, phone, screen).

Only reason why TeslaOffer's does differently is due to that it connects to the CAN another extra work wiring. It was already pain in the butt for me to drop the bumper and fish it through the hole.

Wiring the 12v under the reat seat made things a bit easier since I don't need to remove any more trim panels. Whole project took me about 10 hrs yesterday to complete. I am happy it's all done now and happy with the product.

in the comments link to download Dropbox - TeslaShare - Simplify your life due to strength of the trunk closing wasn't strong enough to latch on.

Hope that helps.
THANKS!!

Anybody having an issue with there trunks closing? I’ve had the hannshow kit in since December and it is now won’t close and if I try to force it feels like I’m gonna bend the trunk.
The left side is making a lot of noise and since I can’t close it IM trying to take the strut off which isn’t as easy as the stock ones. Anybody else figure a trick out to do this?

Attachments

• 1FB11DA9-422B-4059-887B-22EF8ED79746.jpeg
    1FB11DA9-422B-4059-887B-22EF8ED79746.jpeg
    347.3 KB · Views: 185
  • A8F31BFB-4381-4F5E-BC0A-96A0C3A071E4.jpeg
    A8F31BFB-4381-4F5E-BC0A-96A0C3A071E4.jpeg
    273.3 KB · Views: 206
  • 7A78D0FE-7DEE-4A06-8791-79C356412D66.jpeg
    7A78D0FE-7DEE-4A06-8791-79C356412D66.jpeg
    290.1 KB · Views: 190
  • 0D239911-89B9-44F2-A412-85C576CF8055.jpeg
    0D239911-89B9-44F2-A412-85C576CF8055.jpeg
    341.3 KB · Views: 203
  • 523BACD5-242F-49DC-A2C6-315E87D23396.jpeg
    523BACD5-242F-49DC-A2C6-315E87D23396.jpeg
    264.9 KB · Views: 179
  • DB3CE319-B0C7-43F7-AB73-DF12842B071E.jpeg
    DB3CE319-B0C7-43F7-AB73-DF12842B071E.jpeg
    303.3 KB · Views: 204
Anybody having an issue with there trunks closing? I’ve had the hannshow kit in since December and it is now won’t close and if I try to force it feels like I’m gonna bend the trunk.
The left side is making a lot of noise and since I can’t close it IM trying to take the strut off which isn’t as easy as the stock ones. Anybody else figure a trick out to do this?

Yes, when the trunk I is open the touch screen AND the app flashes between Open and close (about once per second) when the touch screen is flashing open you can’t do anything, however once it flashes close you hit it and it closes the trunk.

Hope that helps.

If you’re latch isn’t catching then the Power hook loop on the car side is not lined up correctly with latch on the trunk lid. I find it’s easiest to line up the latch by folding down the rear seats and close the trunk and watch where it lines up. Check out the electrified garage YT install video that someone posed here.

Yes, when the trunk I is open the touch screen AND the app flashes between Open and close (about once per second) when the touch screen is flashing open you can’t do anything, however once it flashes close you hit it and it closes the trunk.

My left strut is Jamed can’t even push it down by hand. I removed the strut “not easy to get to the clip”. And put the stock strut on and was able
To get the trunk to close. My system was ordered straight from hannshow 6 months ago.

the image shows the height it gets jammed at

Attachments

• 6B1B15E8-38C6-4662-B4D9-F6159B0A509C.jpeg
    6B1B15E8-38C6-4662-B4D9-F6159B0A509C.jpeg
    303.3 KB · Views: 198
Hansshow has gone dark on me. FaceTimed with them about my trunk. Then was asked me to send some videos. Now it’s been a couple weeks and won’t respond to me. Anybody else ever have any issues or had a part warrantied?

Hand show has been good to me, spent a good few weeks troubleshooting my install over FaceTime and even sent me a v1 cable for so I could diagnose my issue. I’ve been very satisfied with their support, I’d suggest you hit them up on WhatApp, you should have gotten an Aftersale WhatsApp contact thread.

My left strut is Jamed can’t even push it down by hand. I removed the strut “not easy to get to the clip”. And put the stock strut on and was able
To get the trunk to close. My system was ordered straight from hannshow 6 months ago.

the image shows the height it gets jammed at

I think I already know the answer to this but does the Hanshow work with one powered strut?

Yea they where great. Got the request to FaceTime we face timed. He asked me to make a view videos which required removed and installing each struct. Made them and they said they would get back to me. I texted the number back after few weeks and it just shows the text being “read”

so currently I have only the right power strut on and left is side is stock with the power strut laying in the trunk. It kinda works, very slow and have to help it some open and close.

I think I already know the answer to this but does the Hanshow work with one powered strut?