Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Trunk V4 Reviews/Opinions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m really tempted to get the Hansshow Trunk V4 fitted to my 2020 LR - keen to hear people’s reviews and thoughts?

Few YouTube videos have mentioned the weather seal gets worn down and the boot open still functions in Drive. Anyone had any issues?

Thanks!

Why did you mix and match, if you don't mind me asking?

I got the Hannshow trunk and thought oh I won’t need the frunk I barely use it.

Turns out I use it quite often so looked at frunk options and Tesla Offer has better reviews overall recently.

Trunk I didn’t want to install myself as involved drilling. Frunk was easy with the correct socket set and some cable ties.

I got the Hannshow trunk and thought oh I won’t need the frunk I barely use it.

Turns out I use it quite often so looked at frunk options and Tesla Offer has better reviews overall recently.

Trunk I didn’t want to install myself as involved drilling. Frunk was easy with the correct socket set and some cable ties.
I’m thinking of getting the Tesla Offer frunk kit. Where did you get yours, if you don’t mind me asking? They’re asking $549 from their own store with free shipping, however not accounting for any customs duties. The Hansshow kit appears to be available locally for considerably less, circa £350.

There is perhaps other threads to balance this out, but reading the above put me off Hansshow to be honest. Your mileage may vary.

EDIT: I have no dog in this fight - I have neither powered trunk nor frunk (standard 2020 M3P), but am/was interested in getting both (still am).

In terms of build quality, both brands are very similar. So if it's down to price then there's a clear winner.

What swayed me to Tesla Offer (with the trunk kit), was customer service. I'd heard Hansshow were a bit patchy so ended up going with Tesla Offer on that basis. I got 20% off the kit and fitted it myself so total cost wasn't bad, and I don't regret it.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
In terms of build quality, both brands are very similar. So if it's down to price then there's a clear winner.

What swayed me to Tesla Offer (with the trunk kit), was customer service. I'd heard Hansshow were a bit patchy so ended up going with Tesla Offer on that basis. I got 20% off the kit and fitted it myself so total cost wasn't bad, and I don't regret it.
Nothing wrong with Hansshow service in my experience, they do their best to help. The biggest problem is the time difference, contacting them early in the morning is best for a prompt response.

Reactions: doats1
I've attempted to communicate with Hansshow customer service a few times, while they initially attempted to help they never really understood the issues and then just stopped comms at all. I won't touch them again because of the after service.
I won't mention the product but ended up having to bin them and purchase again elsewhere because of the comms issues.

Hansshow seemed quite flaky when I purchased the Tesla ring.

• A special 'launch' discount code was offered to me, I tried to use it but it didn't work.
  • I messaged the person back to be told it only applied to other products but as a special offer I could have a (lesser) discount.
  • I complained, was told this was a new instruction from a more senior person so said I would look elsewhere.
  • Then I got another message from someone else saying the person I originally communicated with WAS the most senior person in the organisation but a third (& lower) discount code was now the only one available for the ring.
  • I did nothing but then the original, recently reputed to supposedly be the most senior person messaged to say that as a special gesture they had now been given permission (presumably by a more senior than the most senior person) for me to use the original launch discount.
  • I then ordered, the ring was delivered exactly as promised, always works flawlessly when needed & is incredibly useful.

...maybe the second person I heard back from was junior to the first person who was subsequently reported to be the most senior in the company but eventually the second person turned out to be even more senior than every previous incarnation of themselves 😵?

Business dealings in Tokyo, Shenzhen & Nanjing taught me that saving face when mistakes happen is more important than an apology (... & could suggest that Palo Alto is actually in Asia)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Durzel and KennethS
In my personal experience with contacting both companies as well as installing both company's trunk kits, TeslaOffer is better in both customer service and hardware. Before I purchased, I asked both about their products. Hansshow was quick to point out at the time the TeslaOffer kit voids the factory warranty because it connects to the canbus and their all metal strut was better than TeslaOffer's silicone encased strut. Turned out Hansshow copied TeslaOffer to connect their subsequent kits to the canbus after they claimed that would void warranty and turns out that Tesla itself chose to use a silicone encased strut (rather than all-metal design) in their oem 2021+ cars. IMO TeslaOffer is just one step ahead on most fronts except Hansshow is generally cheaper to buy.

Reactions: doats1 and Cardo
I bought and installed by my self the v4. Was working fine for two months. After that coming to have the problem only when I try to open. Sometimes is open on the first attempt, Sometimes after many tries.
I would contact Hansshow immediately but for one reason or other the time is passed and I contacted when the situation coming to be worst. In mean time I installed the rear wing (not the original) and the response from Hansshow was "the reason is because the trunk now is too heavy ". I tried to tell that issue is come up far before to the rear wing be installed.
Send me the files to update to v6, but without solving the problem.
Strange is if I unplug the power and reconnect is working for a while.
If the trunk is too heavy should not open always or almost.
I make a video to show to Hansshow after sales and opening for 12 times (I think! ) failed 2 times...
any idea?
Because, Hansshow, seem to find the good excuse to give up... I should remove the spoiler... but it's a pain and for sure isn't the problem:
It's come up before to be installed, and should don't open at all or sometimes... but he exact opposite happens.

Screenshot_20210717-104245_WhatsApp.jpg

@speedyranger74 it seems like a consistent issue that you will get support if the only cost to them is time (such as whatsapp diagnostic instructions) but if it comes to hardware replacement it just won't happen. The videos you posted show the trunk opening on the rare occasion so I would suspect it's not the weight of the rear spoiler otherwise one would think it would never open. Also seems sometimes when you are trying to activate, it does absolutely nothing and not even a click or anything as if there was no power going to it. That makes me think it might be the control box rather than a bit of extra weight on the trunk lid.

If at all possible and you can find a local Tesla owner with the same kit, see if they would be willing to lend you their control box to narrow down the issue of a control box defect. I'd also try disconnecting the foot sensor to test using trunk button alone and check all the cables to ensure none of them were rubbing and ruptured over time. Basically, check everything.

If you talk to them again, ask them if the weight of the stock spoiler makes a difference (of course they will say no since performance models have this). Then ask them why yours makes a difference (of course they will say it's heavier). Final question is what is the weight capacity your engineers designed the kit to handle and why isn't that information posted on the instructions? Assuming the weight of your spoiler is the issue then one would assume it damaged the power struts. If the power struts were damaged, the latch motor should still click when you activate an opening sequence.