Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow v3 Power Trunk can't manually close

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I had scoured previous hansshow tail gate issue threads already and hoping to see if I can get more answers! I have contacted Hansshow on whatsapp last week, they asked for my order number so an engineer can assist me. I gave it to them and no response yet. I have linked a video to the issue I am having. The trunk doesn't close, whether I use the phone app, tesla screen or the button. The button does not even close the trunk, and holding it doesn't set the height, but bypasses it and goes to speed. I installed this tail gate in late 2020 and it has been working great until the past couple of weeks. While I am waiting for answers from Hansshow, the other main issue, that is also shown at the end of the video, is that I cannot manually close the trunk. So the trunk has been opened since the issue started. The past posts I have read about issues like this, the person was able to manually close the trunk. So I am at a lost. Any help is appreciated. If I could at least close the trunk, I would feel safe driving this car out again. Thanks!

I was thinking about that, I was unsure if it was the power strut not allowing me to close or it was a signal issue causing the car to not open the latch? (if that is even a thing) I can definitely give that a try and provide an update.

I think you may have been correct. After I replaced the struts, they still didn’t close. I had to do some better for kitting like the trunk weather lip seal was a little out and such. But now it closes fine. I have reset the module by disconnecting for a day, and resetting my Tesla. My car is now back to oem in terms of the trunk. I don’t think I’ll install the Hansshow v3 back in, cause the v3 signal connector is in the rear seat where it’s hella tough just to get my hands in. I’ll post an update if Hansshow gives me an answer

Sorry not kitting, meant "Had to do better fitting." I also had to replace my top glass roof since it had a big crack. At the service center they wouldn't do the trunk recall because I had 3rd party trunk installation parts. FYI for the people like me out there.

I have the same problem with my Hansshow power trunk this is a poor product . I contacted Hansshow and they ignored me for two weeks finally I told them their product is not reliable and I should post my review they mysteriously appeared in WhatsApp chat they then offered me the replacement box for 75 which I paid by PayPal and they asked me to send as friends and family. It's been 3 weeks and they haven't given me any date on delivery this company is unethical and is shady. I regret buying this product and will put all the parts back to OEM so far I wasted my money sent to them as I doubt they are sending anything . Stay far away from this product I wish I read the reviews on Amazon as they are not good . The product is not reliable and since my system stopped working my license plate lights don't work either.

Reactions: orangejooze