Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow V5 Power Frunk Issue (2022)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently installed the V5 Power Frunk for my 2022 Model Y Performance. I am running into an issue where the control box beeps when I am not trying to use the power Frunk. The box will beep every few seconds and while this is happening, if I try to open the Frunk, it unlatches but doesn’t open automatically. (If I close the Frunk and try again, it will then open all the way up on this second try)

Through some initial testing, the control box appears to start beeping when I run the AC to cool the car down remotely. The beeping only occurs when the Frunk is shut. It may also be helpful to point out that the control box beeps one time, when I open the doors for the first time, but this does not hinder the auto Frunk.

I have reached out to Hannshow Auto and they replaced the control box, but this did not fix the issue. They think it might be a signal issue with the new 2022 model Y, but are looking into it.

Has anyone experienced this?

I just ordered yesterday the Tesla Offer Mark 5.0 version, so I guess I'm not much help but would be interested to know if this is related to the 2022 somehow since that is what I have as well. The li-ion battery causing an issue somehow?
So I just checked and found that my Model Y Performance does have the new Li-ion battery, so I am wondering if you are onto something. It looks like there was a transition period for a while, where some teslas had the new battery and some didn’t, so I wonder if they ever tested for these changes. I reached out to the manufacturer just now to bring up this concern.

Also, I’m hoping someone else will see this and provide insight on whether their 2022 tesla is having the same issue. I haven’t found a single post with the same beeping problem, which concerns me.

Upvote 0
I am in the middle of installing mine right now. Hansshow V5. Will report back later today. MYP also. I have a question also. I have this in my kit. I must be tired anyone know where this goes? See pic. I don’t see it referenced in my manual or videos online.

Thx

JM

Attachments

• 1A35332E-0A90-4841-9D44-6A9CC7E9AFB0.jpeg
    1A35332E-0A90-4841-9D44-6A9CC7E9AFB0.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 308
Upvote 0
Getting mine installed by European Auto Source in Anaheim, CA next week, and my V5 is enroute from China. Wondering if I should just tell them not to plug this speaker in, lol. Also MYP with new Li-ion battery.
Unfortunately, the issue isn’t just the beeping - the underlying issue impacts the V5 Frunk performance as well.

While the control box is beeping, the frunk will only unlatch and I have to close and try again. Removing the speaker would just mean that you don’t hear the beeping that precedes the Frunk not opening correctly.

Reactions: PeteOC
Upvote 0
Unfortunately, the issue isn’t just the beeping - the underlying issue impacts the V5 Frunk performance as well.

While the control box is beeping, the frunk will only unlatch and I have to close and try again. Removing the speaker would just mean that you don’t hear the beeping that precedes the Frunk not opening correctly.
Will bring this issue up with the installer and see what they say.

Upvote 0
Just finished install. got it to work. It’s pulling hood down too far when closed. Do you move the Hansshow bracket down towards ground? I have it pulled all the way up towards hood
How far down is it? Did you mark the edges of the OEM bracket like it shows in the instructions, so that it lines up properly?

Have you tried rotating the frunk panel gap spacers to adjust how flush it is?

And regarding the frunk performance. If you turn the AC on AUTO at low, does the control box beep at all (when the frunk is CLOSED).

Upvote 0
I spent all day on this Hansshow. I could never get it to level the hood. It was over traveling down wards. I marked everything and spent all day adjusting. Took it all out back to normal was worried it would bend the hood. Was not fun getting struts out. It was over traveling downwards atleast 1/4”. Had brackets as high as I could. Might be out $499 unless someone wants to try it? I will let it go for -$100 at $399 if anyone is interested

Upvote 0
How far down is it? Did you mark the edges of the OEM bracket like it shows in the instructions, so that it lines up properly?

Have you tried rotating the frunk panel gap spacers to adjust how flush it is?

And regarding the frunk performance. If you turn the AC on AUTO at low, does the control box beep at all (when the frunk is CLOSED).
its about 1/4” down to far. I did adjust the panel gap spacers out. I raised the brackets up as high as I could. I did have the AC on auto did not hear any beeps open or closed

Upvote 0
Update: Hansshow sent me an update for my control box. I followed the instructions using an SD card. It did fix the beeping issue, but I’m still having an issue where the Frunk will only unlatch if I have the AC running. So as I expected, the beeping is just a secondary symptom to an underlying issue.

It feels like the signal is getting blocked or there isn’t enough power being directed to the Frunk while the AC is blasting.

• Informative
Upvote 0
Getting mine installed by European Auto Source in Anaheim, CA next week, and my V5 is enroute from China. Wondering if I should just tell them not to plug this speaker in, lol. Also MYP with new Li-ion battery.
I suggest you dont leave the speaker unplugged. While it might sound annoying to hear a beep, the beep for me is confirmation the unit is latched and locked. The only time I hear mine beep is when hood is open/close. The beep does not sound when the vehicle wakes up.

Upvote 0
its about 1/4” down to far. I did adjust the panel gap spacers out. I raised the brackets up as high as I could. I did have the AC on auto did not hear any beeps open or closed
Do you have an image of what your talking about?

The design is very common. The latching motor mech. will pull the hood down as far as it can to ensure the hood latches and locks. The downward pull does not have stop so it will pull the full length of the latching mech. opening for less than 10 seconds. This ensures the latch has fully closed and in lock position. Then the latching motor will release and the locked hood latch will hold the hood until the hood is open. Jump on youtube and watch the closing portion of the video, right after the beep you can see the hood lift back up like 2-3mm.

Upvote 0
I suggest you dont leave the speaker unplugged. While it might sound annoying to hear a beep, the beep for me is confirmation the unit is latched and locked. The only time I hear mine beep is when hood is open/close. The beep does not sound when the vehicle wakes up.
I really mentioned it as a joke. I highly doubt the shop will allow it anyway and they've done many so they will know what to do. The rest is up to Hansshow and possibly more updates if problems are encountered.

Reactions: Jdmoto
Upvote 0
Do you have an image of what your talking about?

The design is very common. The latching motor mech. will pull the hood down as far as it can to ensure the hood latches and locks. The downward pull does not have stop so it will pull the full length of the latching mech. opening for less than 10 seconds. This ensures the latch has fully closed and in lock position. Then the latching motor will release and the locked hood latch will hold the hood until the hood is open. Jump on youtube and watch the closing portion of the video, right after the beep you can see the hood lift back up like 2-3mm.
It pulls it down and it seems like it stays down. Thanks for explaining it. i don’t have an image of it. I removed everything for now.

Upvote 0
Installed mine this weekend, although it is from EVOffer, TeslaOffer, whatever it is. Anyone that says this install is easy is way better than me at doing this. My left forearm is beat up from trying to squeeze it down to undo the stock strut.

That being said, finally got it. It pulls the hood down a little to far for my liking, its definitely a little lower then when I got it. And it almost leaves an indent right above the T on the hood. I adjusted everything as much as possible, and it's a little better but still feels like it pulls down the hood too much. There is a tiny indention, kind of hoping it goes away after use. The indention goes away when it unlatches.

Upvote 0
Installed mine this weekend, although it is from EVOffer, TeslaOffer, whatever it is. Anyone that says this install is easy is way better than me at doing this. My left forearm is beat up from trying to squeeze it down to undo the stock strut.

That being said, finally got it. It pulls the hood down a little to far for my liking, its definitely a little lower then when I got it. And it almost leaves an indent right above the T on the hood. I adjusted everything as much as possible, and it's a little better but still feels like it pulls down the hood too much. There is a tiny indention, kind of hoping it goes away after use. The indention goes away when it unlatches.
If you have an indent on your hood when it latches closes after the beep then you need to adjust latch mount. You also might need to check the cable latch. I also installed the EVoffer Mark 5 and my cable was super short. I had to extend my cable to max so it can reach the hook. You might need to loosen the cable.

Upvote 0