Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow vs Tesla Offer Power Frunk/Trunk - which one to buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMHO, it's unneeded. These draw very little power compared to other native options like Sentry or cabin climate control.
It's not to reduce total power draw. It's to provide continuous power to the accessories using a switched source.

My car has been unable to power-off from the menu since I installed my frunk and trunk kit...... I can hit power off and the car will not disengage the contactor no matter how long I wait.

It's not to reduce total power draw. It's to provide continuous power to the accessories using a switched source.

My car has been unable to power-off from the menu since I installed my frunk and trunk kit...... I can hit power off and the car will not disengage the contactor no matter how long I wait.
I'll have to go through your posts and get up to speed. I've been running the Hansshow unit on my MYP since last year with no issues or seen any on the kits we've installed.

Ok that is strange. I assume you’ve narrowed it down to one or both of the kits causing this? Which ones have you got?

I'll have to go through your posts and get up to speed. I've been running the Hansshow unit on my MYP since last year with no issues or seen any on the kits we've installed.

you cats able to install the evoffer front trunk kit on a 2022 m3p that has the new battery? i sent evo offer a message on telegram a couple weeks ago and they don't yet have a power interface to work with the new battery. can you share what your install cost is? feel free to pm me if you prefer. was going to do it myself since it looked easy but if the price is right...

Thank you. This something I was considering getting to keep my hotspot and dashcam running when the car is sleeping.
But I should get the 74Wh-DC 20000mAh instead.

Did you tested how much the device draw from the input source when there is no load attached to it?

ive a samsung power bank that i use for my hotspot. its connected to the usb port on the car so when the car is off, the hotspot has its own battery and then the 10000 mah battery of the samsung. since i work 5 days a week and have sentry on at the office, the bank gets charged up. dashcam may be more power hungry depending on what the power bank will be supplying so 10000 mah not be enough depending on how often the car is sleep and thus not charging itself.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Ok that is strange. I assume you’ve narrowed it down to one or both of the kits causing this? Which ones have you got?
I will admit this may be a case of causation vs correlation. But, it is documented that the car will not disconnect the HV battery until the power usage drops below some magic level..... and it hasn't annoyed me enough yet for me to disconnect the frunk module and try to power-down the car. I'll try that this week sometime.

HansShow Frunk V4, and Trunk V6 (both with kick sensors). This issue started well before I got the trunk system installed.

If anyone wants the EV Offer kits brand new, I have a set that I never installed.

The TO trunk / tailgate is now at Mark 3.0. Does anyone know what the changes were from 2.5 -> 3.0? Their website isn't clear on this (unless I missed something).
No idea, unfortunately. I’d like to know too but haven’t been able to find out thus far. All of that stuff seems to be pretty opaque.. I’ve got a “Mark 3.1” frunk kit but I couldn’t tell you what’s changed from 3.0, and the website doesn’t either.

Thanks. I didn't even know adhesive ziptie mounts existed but did design similar 3d cable clips for cable management with holes to run a ziptie through. Used these on the trunk install to deal with strut cables. VHB on flat side.

View attachment 566274

The card slot is on the box opposite side of the connector. It has a rubber seal that is pressure fitted and the slot is behind that seal.
I cannot open this link, is the file still available?

Can anyone with the Hansshow trunk kit confirm if the foot sensor is deactivated when the car is in carwash mode? I've asked a number of Hansshow owners and none have confirmed. One of the individuals I asked is a well-known YouTube reviewer of Tesla accessories who is usually pretty responsive but on this question it was crickets.

Reactions: kessel_run
Anyone installed the EVoffer trunk kit mark 3.0 recently?
Are they still using the rectangular close button, or have they changed it to round button similar to the original Tesla button on newer models?
Anoyone found out what’s new in the mark 3.0 vs 2.5?
Thanks.