Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow vs Tesla Offer Power Frunk/Trunk - which one to buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Message them. They respond pretty quickly keeping in mind they are in a different time zone.
Warren and/or Raymond are almost always available to help. Use telegram for communicating w them, that’s their preferred messaging platform.

They have been super helpful to me in the past which is why I always lean towards their offerings over the other guys (not saying they’re bad, but customer service and post-sale support is critical in these products!)

Reactions: tlr1000
I did message him, they said to wrap the wire around the jump post.

But there must be a more secure method.
Not much help here since I’m in a ‘19, but, could you possibly crimp an appropriately sized ring terminal on the end of the wire and connect it that way? Just make sure you use the correct gauge ring terminal for the wire in question.

I installed the EVoffer mark 3.0 trunk kit to my June 2019 Model 3 with car sw 2022.16.3 two weeks ago. Great kit, really happy. Kit firmware is currently latest A2018

Today I upgraded my car to 2022.20.7 and noticed that opening trunk from screen does not show trunk as open. And I can now close trunk from screen without pressing the brake.

No idea if this is related to upgrading car or not, so I am wondering if anyone else experience the same, or have any idea why this is now changed from before?

Thanks.

• Informative
Reactions: PauliePucks
I installed the EVoffer mark 3.0 trunk kit to my June 2019 Model 3 with car sw 2022.16.3 two weeks ago. Great kit, really happy. Kit firmware is currently latest A2018

Today I upgraded my car to 2022.20.7 and noticed that opening trunk from screen does not show trunk as open. And I can now close trunk from screen without pressing the brake.

No idea if this is related to upgrading car or not, so I am wondering if anyone else experience the same, or have any idea why this is now changed from before?

Thanks.
Wow that’s interesting - so the tesla UI is treating the EV Offer trunk as an OEM power lift gate? That’s pretty awesome if it happens to everyone on this software.
I can’t test, I’m in the FSD beta branch, the next software is supposedly the 2022.16 build.

Can anyone else try this out?

Thanks.
Yep same. The trunk status doesn’t show open anymore if it’s open. I bet Ray and the crew will have a patch for this soon.

Edit- as expected, Ray said an update will be available soon, likely by this weekend.

Last edited:
Wow that’s interesting - so the tesla UI is treating the EV Offer trunk as an OEM power lift gate? That’s pretty awesome if it happens to everyone on this software.
I can’t test, I’m in the FSD beta branch, the next software is supposedly the 2022.16 build.

Can anyone else try this out?
No, it’s broken in a bad way, not a good way. The screen doesn’t show the trunk as open when it is. As above update coming this weekend for your trunk sd card.

• Informative
Reactions: PauliePucks
Looks like only an issue on some cars. My RHD 2019 Model 3 is fine on 20.7.

Attachments

• 49AE1F36-7D68-4967-834C-68D86474E167.jpeg
    49AE1F36-7D68-4967-834C-68D86474E167.jpeg
    261.5 KB · Views: 86