Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow vs Tesla Offer Power Frunk/Trunk - which one to buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EVoffer just released new firmware for the Mark 3.0 trunk kit. Version A20195
Guessing that will sort out the screen status issue related to latest Tesla sw.
Haven’t done it yet, but to update, format micro sd to fat32, copy files to root directory and then inset micro sd into ECM and it should auto install? No button presses needed right?

Haven’t done it yet, but to update, format micro sd to fat32, copy files to root directory and then inset micro sd into ECM and it should auto install? No button presses needed right?
Description in bottom of this link.

The update I refer to is for the Mark 3.0 version, that consist of two config files. EVoffer have also created a YouTube film to describe the process.

• Informative
Reactions: PauliePucks
Is the variant for the file version the purchase date of the trunk kit or of the car?

VersionAll Variants
v1263 (purchased before 2019/07)
305P (purchased after 2019/07)
v2298 (purchased before 2020/02)
321 (purchased after 2020/02)
MARK 2.5502W2 (purchased before 2021/07)
686B2 (purchased after 2021/07)
MARK 3.0A20195
Just updated firmware on my kit with the new firmware released today. All working as expected now.

Is the variant for the file version the purchase date of the trunk kit or of the car?

VersionAll Variants
v1263 (purchased before 2019/07)
305P (purchased after 2019/07)
v2298 (purchased before 2020/02)
321 (purchased after 2020/02)
MARK 2.5502W2 (purchased before 2021/07)
686B2 (purchased after 2021/07)
MARK 3.0A20195
Ok so it seems variant is car date. Odd because I installed the correct one and my trunk would not close. It would get halfway closed and then stop.

Look into It this seems to be because the closing force and speed needs to be adjusted. Adjusting these meant I can open and close it and use it as normal. However, all the speeds now are super slow. I am on the quickest speed number six and it takes probably 7-8 seconds for the whole thing to open. They’ve definitely changed a few things in this update to fix the screen error some people have and it all doesn’t seem to be working properly. No reply from ev offer yet. Messaged just under 24 hours ago.

Ok so it seems variant is car date. Odd because I installed the correct one and my trunk would not close. It would get halfway closed and then stop.

Look into It this seems to be because the closing force and speed needs to be adjusted. Adjusting these meant I can open and close it and use it as normal. However, all the speeds now are super slow. I am on the quickest speed number six and it takes probably 7-8 seconds for the whole thing to open. They’ve definitely changed a few things in this update to fix the screen error some people have and it all doesn’t seem to be working properly. No reply from ev offer yet. Messaged just under 24 hours ago.
Which version did you install? I think I need the 502W2 (pretty sure I have 501 firmware on it at the moment) but honestly I can't keep up with all these hardware version revisions.

Also until this post I didn't even realise that the "purchased before" and "purchased after" meant the car not the kit. Is that correct? Surely that's a bit unreliable isn't it? Cars get built at different times than they are delivered, and surely its the build date that would matter?

Which version did you install? I think I need the 502W2 (pretty sure I have 501 firmware on it at the moment) but honestly I can't keep up with all these hardware version revisions.

Also until this post I didn't even realise that the "purchased before" and "purchased after" meant the car not the kit. Is that correct? Surely that's a bit unreliable isn't it? Cars get built at different times than they are delivered, and surely its the build date that would matter?
I installed 502w2 when I am meant to have 686b2 according to support. I got 502w2 working by changing all the speed and force settings. So technically the wrong version but worked now for weeks. I agree the dates are confusing. It is the date of the kit not car build apparently.

Am I the only one slightly annoyed at having to pull off bits of trim to get to the control box to do a firmware update? I know it's to be expected given where you're supposed to install it, but I wish there was a much more convenient way. The frunk control box by contrast is much more easily accessed (although trying to blind insert the micro SD card is difficult)

Am I the only one slightly annoyed at having to pull off bits of trim to get to the control box to do a firmware update? I know it's to be expected given where you're supposed to install it, but I wish there was a much more convenient way. The frunk control box by contrast is much more easily accessed (although trying to blind insert the micro SD card is difficult)
Maybe plug an extender in and leave the end accessible to you?
Something like this.