Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow website security issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was looking into getting some upgrades for my 2020 Model 3 SR+ and found Hansshow. There were a number of posts around and some good YouTube videos, so I decided to check out their site, saw that there was a sale and ended up ordering several large ticket items.

While researching how to do the installations myself, I came across more and more posts that made me a bit skeptical about the quality and reliability of the products. I clearly hadn't done enough research before placing the order, but I was lured in by the 25% off sale. So, I decided I should probably cancel the order before anything shipped out. I figured I could check the order status on their site.

This is where it gets weird. I logged in to my account on their site, but instead of my information, I was presented with information for a totally different customer. I clicked "log out" and then logged back in. It still showed me the information for another customer! I tried clicking on "orders" and was presented with the recent order for another customer. It got even weirder as every time I would click to "log out" it would switch to a different customer. Orders, names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, all of this information was visible for over 10 different customers. I emailed them to let them know and said I wanted to cancel my order immediately. It took several days, but I got my full refund, fortunately. They never responded about the other customer account issue, however.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I no longer see a link to log in or access my account settings on the front page of their site, but it's easy to access the login page with the url history. Even now, I can still log in and view different random accounts and information. It seems like the account and order information it shows keeps changing. Unfortunately, I'm unable to remove my info, because when I click on "addresses" I get someone else's information.

I've requested that they completely remove all my user information, but I haven't heard back from them.

Just a fair warning to any other people looking to buy from them. At this current time, it doesn't seem like your personal information is safe with them.

We just had a local chick here driving down the road and her hansshow frunk released and caused a ton of damage, hood, windshield, think the A pillars were hit etc.

She had it for quite a while and it was installed professionally. Supposedly, something between the app and car lost communication and the lockout that keeps the frunk from releasing when the car is in drive or moving (whatever it uses) failed as a safety, something triggered a latch release, and BAM. few thousand $ in damage in half a second.

Their trinkets and accessories may be ok, but after seeing that, I wouldn't use any of their stuff that involves functionality of any system.

I was looking into getting some upgrades for my 2020 Model 3 SR+ and found Hansshow.

Just a fair warning to any other people looking to buy from them. At this current time, it doesn't seem like your personal information is safe with them.
Man, that sounds so crazy. I have never seen any commercial website having that behavior, or ever heard of anything like that on the news. If your information is stolen by someone else (given that you had access to other people's private info), they would be totally liable for lawsuits. Again, so weird.

We just had a local chick here driving down the road and her hansshow frunk released and caused a ton of damage, hood, windshield, think the A pillars were hit etc.
I was just doing some research on auto-frunk the last few weeks, and it's either Hansshow or EVOffer (aka TeslaOffers/AmpTech). In the end I decided to go with EVOffer even though there were a lot more content for Hansshow's product. I think Hansshow gave a lot of their products out for free to YouTube influencers in exchange for free advertising, and it probably worked really well. EVOffer's kit seems to be better built and they refuse to sell a kick sensor for the frunk due to security concerns of the frunk flying open while driving, which I thought was very principled.

Reactions: goin2drt and Sam1

She had it for quite a while and it was installed professionally. Supposedly, something between the app and car lost communication and the lockout that keeps the frunk from releasing when the car is in drive or moving (whatever it uses) failed as a safety, something triggered a latch release, and BAM. few thousand $ in damage in half a second.

Their trinkets and accessories may be ok, but after seeing that, I wouldn't use any of their stuff that involves functionality of any system.

That is insane! I read another post about someone's frunk getting stuck closed and they had to pay to get the entire front taken apart just to get it open. These kinds of stories really make me question whether it's worth it to trust any of the companies that offer these things. I sure wish Tesla would just offer it!

I'm still on the fence about the speaker activation harness, but that's the main thing I want to get. I just won't be getting it from Hansshow.

Man, that sounds so crazy. I have never seen any commercial website having that behavior, or ever heard of anything like that on the news. If your information is stolen by someone else (given that you had access to other people's private info), they would be totally liable for lawsuits. Again, so weird.

I was just doing some research on auto-frunk the last few weeks, and it's either Hansshow or EVOffer (aka TeslaOffers/AmpTech). In the end I decided to go with EVOffer even though there were a lot more content for Hansshow's product. I think Hansshow gave a lot of their products out for free to YouTube influencers in exchange for free advertising, and it probably worked really well. EVOffer's kit seems to be better built and they refuse to sell a kick sensor for the frunk due to security concerns of the frunk flying open while driving, which I thought was very principled.

Yeah, Hansshow will absolutely be liable for lawsuits if there are any issues with the personal information leaking. I can't be the only customer who is seeing this stuff. I can log in right now and get some random customer information, it's ridiculous.

That makes total sense about the YouTube videos for Hansshow. I saw way more of them, and I think I remember at least one guy mentioning that he got the kit for free. As of right now, I'm looking at EVOffer for upgrades.

Reactions: mangrove79
Oh wow this is bad. Very bad.

I tried to log in only to have someone else's account appear. I can see their full name along with their address and telephone numbers and email.

Anyone who made an account with hannshow beware!!

This is not right.

Reactions: TripleG3
Oh wow this is bad. Very bad.

I tried to log in only to have someone else's account appear. I can see their full name along with their address and telephone numbers and email.

Anyone who made an account with hannshow beware!!

This is not right.

And they have still not replied to my emails about this issue. I don't know if having more people email will help, but it can't hurt. I've successfully change my email address, but I don't even get MY physical address information to change, so I can't get rid of that.

Yeah, Hansshow will absolutely be liable for lawsuits if there are any issues with the personal information leaking. I can't be the only customer who is seeing this stuff. I can log in right now and get some random customer information, it's ridiculous.

That makes total sense about the YouTube videos for Hansshow. I saw way more of them, and I think I remember at least one guy mentioning that he got the kit for free. As of right now, I'm looking at EVOffer for upgrades.
Yeah good luck with that. Holding a communist Chinese company liable to someone or something in the US. See how that works for you. They will not be held liable because they will be gone. Stop buying from them folks. You do realize that is why all the cheap Tesla branded stuff all comes from China right. No trademark rules or regulations. Even big companies like Tesla can’t stop that.

There's a few issues with the Hansshow brand that one can find by reading the threads. This is just one of them, and one that needs to be exposed more. You will read silly things like missing or wrong pieces, catastrophic failure of power trunk and I think it was in their speaker activation, they used the picture of a member as one of their own solutions, without permission of course.

Us Tesla owners need a better class of aftermarket. Not this hannshow crap.

Reactions: TripleG3
There's a few issues with the Hansshow brand that one can find by reading the threads. This is just one of them, and one that needs to be exposed more. You will read silly things like missing or wrong pieces, catastrophic failure of power trunk and I think it was in their speaker activation, they used the picture of a member as one of their own solutions, without permission of course.

Us Tesla owners need a better class of aftermarket. Not this hannshow crap.
Folks need to call out the YTers and unsub to their channels. Hanshow did a great job giving them all free cr$p in return for good reviews. Every Tesla YTer spams this company.

Folks need to call out the YTers and unsub to their channels. Hanshow did a great job giving them all free cr$p in return for good reviews. Every Tesla YTer spams this company.
This is the exact problem. They are well known to continually create new products which they send out for free to YouTubers. Every single product has pros and cons but these YouTubers only talk about the pros and I have personally asked about the cons and they will not answer. I can only surmise that it is out of fear of getting cut off from the freebie gravy-train. For example, I suspect their trunk kit's foot sensor can be activated in car wash mode and have asked various YouTubers to confirm and all are silent. The high volume of YouTube videos does work from a marketing perspective to generate sales and unfortunately many buyers see these videos as unbiased reviews rather than what they really are as paid ads.

Last edited: