Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Happiest Day of My Life - A future ZERO gas family

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I left my wife drive the new Model S P85(6 days old) into work today. She came home saying how unfair is was that there was traffic coming home and she didn't really get to drive it. She said it drive much better than her SUV (GMC Terrain).

So I quickly responded "you know we can replace that Terrain with an AWD Model X by the end of next year." I told her we can place the reservation and be one of the first in 2014 to hopefully get theirs. She was not opposed to that, however I have a feeling if the X come out at $100K like the S she may change her mind.

Counting the days until I we have ZERO gas. Oh and for the record driving my ICE after only 5 days of driving the P85 was brutal, and of course I had already gotten used to one pedal driving!

Welcome to the club. Just wait till you try to get gas in an ICE after a month or so in your MS. If you're like me, you will be a complete bumbling idiot. I parked too close to the pump and had to move. Forgot which side of the car the stinky stuff went in. Had no clue how to operate the credit card thingy. Really wanted my MS back :(

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but unless you got a sig reservation I wouldn't expect to get one in 2014 ... Also whether it is $100k depends primarily on your battery size and options. Spec out a Model S with the options you'd want on your X and add about 5% to get an idea of what the price might be. Congrats though on convincing the wife!