TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Happiest Day of My Life - A future ZERO gas family

Discussion in 'Model X' started by brandonmbeard, Nov 19, 2013.

1. brandonmbeard

brandonmbeard Member

So I left my wife drive the new Model S P85(6 days old) into work today. She came home saying how unfair is was that there was traffic coming home and she didn't really get to drive it. She said it drive much better than her SUV (GMC Terrain).

So I quickly responded "you know we can replace that Terrain with an AWD Model X by the end of next year." I told her we can place the reservation and be one of the first in 2014 to hopefully get theirs. She was not opposed to that, however I have a feeling if the X come out at $100K like the S she may change her mind.

Counting the days until I we have ZERO gas. Oh and for the record driving my ICE after only 5 days of driving the P85 was brutal, and of course I had already gotten used to one pedal driving!

2. lolachampcar

lolachampcar Active Member

Welcome to the club. Just wait till you try to get gas in an ICE after a month or so in your MS. If you're like me, you will be a complete bumbling idiot. I parked too close to the pump and had to move. Forgot which side of the car the stinky stuff went in. Had no clue how to operate the credit card thingy. Really wanted my MS back :(

3. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Member

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but unless you got a sig reservation I wouldn't expect to get one in 2014 ... Also whether it is $100k depends primarily on your battery size and options. Spec out a Model S with the options you'd want on your X and add about 5% to get an idea of what the price might be. Congrats though on convincing the wife!

4. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Tip: Usually next to the gas pump icon in your drivers display there is small arrow to show which side of the vehicle the gas cap is on.

5. lolachampcar

lolachampcar Active Member

Yes, but then you have to be looking for such things (the idiot part).

6. Bitech

Bitech Member

What a depressing way to start your post!

7. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I think he meant he""let" his wife...

Cue Bonnie!

Or my wife...

8. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Best typo ever!

9. lloyds

lloyds Member

Yes, use that excuse to get the X!

10. brandonmbeard