Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Happy Anniversary!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

S3XY

Supporting Member
Nov 24, 2015
Buffalo, NY
So it's our 1 year anniversary for the Model 3 reveal. That sure went fast didn't it? :rolleyes: With all of the negativity that has overtaken this board since the tweetstorm I thought it a good time to bring some positive vibes. Let's all take some time to reminisce about our experience last year. For me I was just hitting the road around this time to drive to the Cleveland store. Through this community I had agreed to pick up 3 "strangers" along the way, 2 from the Buffalo area and 1 from Erie PA. It was a 3 hour journey but our excitement made the time fly. When we pulled up to the Cleveland store we couldn't believe how many people were already lined up. The line already wrapped around the front of the building and covered about a third of the side. We were able to get one of the last parking spots. It was chilly and there was a light drizzle but everyone was smiling and sharing where they were from and their thoughts about Tesla. We were grateful when some employees popped out of the door to hand out coffee and doughnuts. Even with the gloomy weather there was an excitement with the anticipation of officially reserving our spot in line. The line moved pretty quickly and efficiently. I thought the staff did a great job moving things along and keeping everyone happy. After putting my money down I got my first opportunity to sit in a Model S. I wished I could take a test drive but that obviously wasn't possible. At least I got a cookie as a consolation. :D We lingered around for a while afterwards and I just looked around to take in all the smiling people. Then we went to a nearby restaurant to grab something to eat before the drive back and I just remember everyone constantly checking their phones to see if they got their confirmation email. All in all I had a great time and there was still the anticipation of the actual reveal that night.

I was just hitting the road around this time to drive to the Cleveland store.
That's where I reserved mine too - lovely weather wasn't it!? I got in line at about 9 or so when it as about half way down the side after wrapping around from the front, put my reservation in at about 10:30, sat in the model S and went home to wait ..... I've got a test drive in an S scheduled for next week, I figured it was time. :)

Chicago has the same exact weather as a year ago. Its cold. Its raining. Miserable.

Forgive me, but I have to sing to my $1k.

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to my $1K. I surely miss you.

Next year I'll sing to you again and maybe bring you a cake as your current owner says that I will indeed be able to celebrate your next birthday as a reservation holder.

My Facebook "On this day" feature reminded me of my wait in line at the Natick, MA store right around this exact moment last year.

Same here -- it was at the top of my news feed. Ah, those were the days of unbridled optimism... even the mannequins were lining up!

TeslaM3Line.PNG

• Funny
Reactions: Falkirk and S3XY
Tesla should have given out cookies today for line waiters. That would have been cool. Oh well.....

I make the 4 hour driver to Kansas City to get in line around 3am. About 5:30 a current Model S owner and I went and got the group some donuts. About 30 minutes before the opening the Tesla employees brought us out delicious cookies and drinks. It was a really fun day meeting so many people and seeing the local news there.

In a way it was a protest that put automakers on notice that lots of people want change. That one day reservation number might have been the single most important thing for advancing sustainable transportation. Just look at all the automakers that are now planning on producing an electric car since a year ago.