Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Happy Birthday AP 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have a reference for this quote? I recall he said that 'freeway driving was basically a solved problem' and that is basically true. The devil is in the details in the quotes...

This event was may 2016

Elon: I really consider autonomous driving a solved problem.

DIETER BOHN10:16:53 PM PDT
Especially in traffic and on highways with no pedestrians, Musk thinks autonomous driving is already safer than a human.

DIETER BOHN10:17:49 PM PDT
"I think we are probably less that two years away" from safe autonomy, Musk says. But he thinks the regulators will wait to see the data.

Reactions: TrafficEng
Do you have a reference for this quote? I recall he said that 'freeway driving was basically a solved problem' and that is basically true. ......snip...
that is basically BS. Anyone who's driven 1,000's of miles on AP1 will tell you AP2's freeway ability, in comparison to AP1 was a POS a year ago - and is still a POS today. But maybe we'll think differently when the X gets out of the shop (over 3 weeks so far, & w/ the lack of parts, we're told we can have it back 'soon' then bring it back whenever manufacturing gets around to making more of the parts we still need) - & if there has been some miracle, we'll keep folks posted.
It's good to be the only game in town.

Interesting-Funny-Birthday-Gif.gif

Autopilot 2, tell me what to do, because I'm still not over you.
Though you broke my heart in two... Still not over you

... and settled for a short range Jaguar with inferior driver assist in the meantime ... ;)
It's a mid-life crisis... the jag is sexy and makes you feel good, but make no mistake @daktari she's there for your GoPro skills.... soon you'll find yourself googling what your ex-AP2-wife is doing now... marveling at how good she looks in her new clothes.... how confident she looks.... you should listen to Toby Kieth's "that's my wife and that's my car"

It's a mid-life crisis... the jag is sexy and makes you feel good, but make no mistake @daktari she's there for your GoPro skills.... soon you'll find yourself googling what your ex-AP2-wife is doing now... marveling at how good she looks in her new clothes.... how confident she looks.... you should listen to Toby Kieth's "that's my wife and that's my car"
I know, I was holding her back... The new one has a softer suspension feel that I like though!

that is basically BS. Anyone who's driven 1,000's of miles on AP1 will tell you AP2's freeway ability, in comparison to AP1 was a POS a year ago - and is still a POS today. But maybe we'll think differently when the X gets out of the shop (over 3 weeks so far, & w/ the lack of parts, we're told we can have it back 'soon' then bring it back whenever manufacturing gets around to making more of the parts we still need) - & if there has been some miracle, we'll keep folks posted.
It's good to be the only game in town.

Just had a 3-week service adventure ourselves after a bent pin on a replaced MCU caused a dozen system failures in the middle of nowhere. Happened almost two months after the shoddy MCU replacement. That did it for us. Jaguar I-Pace here we come. Arrives in three weeks. Good riddance, Elon.

Just had a 3-week service adventure ourselves after a bent pin on a replaced MCU caused a dozen system failures in the middle of nowhere. Happened almost two months after the shoddy MCU replacement. That did it for us. Jaguar I-Pace here we come. Arrives in three weeks. Good riddance, Elon.

You may want to read this first... :cool: Jaguar I-Pace Range Just 234 Miles, MPGe Figures Disappoint
According to the automaker, the 90-kWh battery in the Jaguar I-Pace offers up just 234 miles of electric range. That’s less than the base Tesla Model X. Lower than the Hyundai Kona Electric and even below the range rating of the Chevy Bolt. All three of those vehicles have smaller capacity battery packs.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
According to the automaker, the 90-kWh battery in the Jaguar I-Pace offers up just 234 miles of electric range. That’s less than the base Tesla Model X. Lower than the Hyundai Kona Electric and even below the range rating of the Chevy Bolt. All three of those vehicles have smaller capacity battery packs.
It will probably be a case of "cut off your nose to spite your face", unless his Tesla was destined to keep breaking down. I would be very surprised if a first generation electric Jaguar turns out to be trouble free. Is Jaguar known for reliability? Ironic pronouncement on an auto pilot thread. Is the I-pace's steering assist better than Tesla's current version?

It will probably be a case of "cut off your nose to spite your face", unless his Tesla was destined to keep breaking down.
I would be very surprised if a first generation electric Jaguar turns out to be trouble free. Is Jaguar known for reliability?
Ironic pronouncement on an autopilot thread. Is the I-pace's steering assist better than Tesla's current version?

Jaguar and reliability should never be used in the same sentence... :cool:

• Funny
Reactions: buttershrimp
It will probably be a case of "cut off your nose to spite your face", unless his Tesla was destined to keep breaking down. I would be very surprised if a first generation electric Jaguar turns out to be trouble free. Is Jaguar known for reliability? Ironic pronouncement on an auto pilot thread. Is the I-pace's steering assist better than Tesla's current version?

Bjorn had major issues with ipace autosteer disengaging with no warning. It seemed otherwise comparable to AP1 without ALC and inability to handle hills and sharp corners.

Bjorn had major issues with ipace autosteer disengaging with no warning. It seemed otherwise comparable to AP1 without ALC and inability to handle hills and sharp corners.
You have all seen it already below.
Had a longer drive today. It disengages on crests. It disengages if the turn is to tight or if one press the accelerator. Occasionally ping ponging. This is definitely hands on all the time! No steering assist with a bike rack on the hitch. The LED matrix is great though ,The and Meridian Surround. Consumption not so much...

• Informative
Reactions: NerdUno and croman
You have all seen it already below.
Had a longer drive today. It disengages on crests. It disengages if the turn is to tight or if one press the accelerator. Occasionally ping ponging. This is definitely hands on all the time! No steering assist with a bike rack on the hitch. The LED matrix is great though ,The and Meridian Surround. Consumption not so much...

Almost identical to Mobileye in the new Nissan Rogue and Leaf. My family likes it much better than the Tesla all-or-nothing AutoSteer.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: xyeahtony and EinSV