Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Happy delivery 9/19!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 7 weeks of waiting (props to anyone that waited longer, I applaud you bc oh man, that was rough), I finally got my car in the Orlando, FL!

Not 100% happy but very very close!

Mine is white on white MY with 20” long range.

issues:
-one taillight is not flushed correctly, other one is perfectly aligned.
-back passenger door is misaligned a tad
-bumper is slightly different in color than the rest of the car (it was semi cloudy day in FL but was still pretty sunny out)
-chip in rear view mirror (will have to replaced)

Other than those, I LOVE MY CAR.
Yes, like everyone else, I wish it was perfect, we deserve it to be perfect. However, aside from the chip on the mirror that will have to be replaced completely, I didn’t get bothered by the other small things. I am expecting them to tell me either the door or taillight is “within spec” and I think I’ll be okay with it. Can’t really tell unless you’re running your hands through it or staring at it.

my only BIGGEST complaint to Tesla is WEAR SOME CLEAN GLOVES. Like in who’s mind is it okay to leave dirty prints on white interior? Just clean it up before the customer sees it, come on.

**Ok rant is over haha**

overall, just super grateful for the opportunity to own an amazing piece of tech and car. And am a happy camper :)

— I’ll take and add more pictures tomorrow!

Attachments

• C764512B-3023-4BEC-A23A-7AADA76417D3.jpeg
    C764512B-3023-4BEC-A23A-7AADA76417D3.jpeg
    451.3 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: Dayreg
congrats on the car! It is quite surprising the number of owners with cars delivered with dirty hand prints on the interiors of their cars. I put this on the delivery centers since I would think it's easy enough to have someone take a quick look in the car and wipe the greasy black hand prints off before showing it to the new owners.

Seems the one thing they do consistently is put the greasy shiny tire goop on the cars, which I HATE. hahahaha

I originally ordered white so please post pictures of yours with matching doors and bumpers to put me at ease. ;-)

Congrats!!

How was the delivery experience? Smooth? Rushed? I'm scheduled for delivery on 9/26 @ Eatonville.

Thank you! Congrats on your upcoming order!

It was smooth! Checked in, they brought my car over to the pick up section, they let me check the car at my pace and didn’t feel rushed at all. He wasn’t hovering or anything either. There were some fingerprints on the seats so he got something to clean it with. The only thing that was weird was because it was a “touchless delivery”, he didn’t mark down anything I mentioned and said I had 3 days or up to 100 miles to mark everything on the app and put a service order in for (he recommended I do it ASAP to secure a date as they’re pretty backed up right now and you can modify your service order and keep adding. He also said to do it all on one ticket so they address it in one visit instead of multiple appointments). There is a couple empty parking lots right next to the center that you can pull into to do further inspections, test drive, need to do anything to the car, etc etc.

congrats on the car! It is quite surprising the number of owners with cars delivered with dirty hand prints on the interiors of their cars. I put this on the delivery centers since I would think it's easy enough to have someone take a quick look in the car and wipe the greasy black hand prints off before showing it to the new owners.

Seems the one thing they do consistently is put the greasy shiny tire goop on the cars, which I HATE. hahahaha

I originally ordered white so please post pictures of yours with matching doors and bumpers to put me at ease. ;-)

thank you! And yes I agree! It’s def a quick wipe down that they know we’re going to ask for anyways so might as well do it and put us at ease! Haha

will do! Unfortunately it’s raining all day today and my garage just doesn’t do it justice! Haha

I do wish my bumper matched my car 100% but unfortunately it doesn’t. Hoping they can replace or repaint but it isn’t as bad as the ones I’ve seen on this forum so I’m not going to lose sleep over it, but that was def my biggest worry before receiving the car lol

After 7 weeks of waiting (props to anyone that waited longer, I applaud you bc oh man, that was rough), I finally got my car in the Orlando, FL!

Not 100% happy but very very close!

Mine is white on white MY with 20” long range.

issues:
-one taillight is not flushed correctly, other one is perfectly aligned.
-back passenger door is misaligned a tad
-bumper is slightly different in color than the rest of the car (it was semi cloudy day in FL but was still pretty sunny out)
-chip in rear view mirror (will have to replaced)

Other than those, I LOVE MY CAR.
Yes, like everyone else, I wish it was perfect, we deserve it to be perfect. However, aside from the chip on the mirror that will have to be replaced completely, I didn’t get bothered by the other small things. I am expecting them to tell me either the door or taillight is “within spec” and I think I’ll be okay with it. Can’t really tell unless you’re running your hands through it or staring at it.

my only BIGGEST complaint to Tesla is WEAR SOME CLEAN GLOVES. Like in who’s mind is it okay to leave dirty prints on white interior? Just clean it up before the customer sees it, come on.

**Ok rant is over haha**

overall, just super grateful for the opportunity to own an amazing piece of tech and car. And am a happy camper :)

— I’ll take and add more pictures tomorrow!
Funny you took delivery yesterday. I was on my way up to Gainsville taking my son back to school and a little North of the Orlando exit (we were heading north) I saw a southbound car carrier FULL of Tesla Model 3 and Y vehicles...all of them were white. I am supposed to pick our white/white black 20" rims (same like yours) next Saturday in Ft Lauderdale. So nervous as to what the condition will be. The misaligned tail lights and other things bother me a lot. Not sure if I would accept their saying it's wihin spec or just wait for another vehicle even if it takes a few months. Congrats on your Y. Looks great. Curious what your VIN # is? Mine is 488xx

Thank you! Congrats on your upcoming order!

It was smooth! Checked in, they brought my car over to the pick up section, they let me check the car at my pace and didn’t feel rushed at all. He wasn’t hovering or anything either. There were some fingerprints on the seats so he got something to clean it with. The only thing that was weird was because it was a “touchless delivery”, he didn’t mark down anything I mentioned and said I had 3 days or up to 100 miles to mark everything on the app and put a service order in for (he recommended I do it ASAP to secure a date as they’re pretty backed up right now and you can modify your service order and keep adding. He also said to do it all on one ticket so they address it in one visit instead of multiple appointments). There is a couple empty parking lots right next to the center that you can pull into to do further inspections, test drive, need to do anything to the car, etc etc.

This is such good information, thank you! I'm schedule for delivery on 9/27 also at Eatonville. I was nervous that our inspection would feel rushed or that the weather wouldn't cooperate, but the 3 days/100 miles limit sounds like a great idea.