Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Happy New Year! THE year!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find I'm relieved that it is 2017. That means we made it 9 months since waiting in line that day, I remember the week after I reserved thinking "how the hell am I going to make it over a year?". Now we should be about half there already!!

Reactions: landis
I find I'm relieved that it is 2017. That means we made it 9 months since waiting in line that day, I remember the week after I reserved thinking "how the hell am I going to make it over a year?". Now we should be about half there already!!
Originally, they were saying first deliveries in late 2018. Shortly after the first reveal Elon modified it to a year earlier.

You realize of course that the closer production gets, the longer and longer each day will become...right?

Dan

Just stuck my nose into family and work and presto, its 2017! Time flies faster when you are busy.

When did Model X owners start getting the option to configure before production started? I know its comparing apples and oranges, but just curious about past delivery history.

Just stuck my nose into family and work and presto, its 2017! Time flies faster when you are busy.

When did Model X owners start getting the option to configure before production started? I know its comparing apples and oranges, but just curious about past delivery history.
Yet another of the 10,000 unanswered questions that we have all been aching to know the answer to. ;)

Dan

Well...not really asking about Model 3. I know there's no way to know until it happens. Just wondering about configuring-to-production timeframes for the Model X owners who pre-ordered.

I reserved my MX on 9/1/2014 and the reservation sequence # was about 128xx. Then I ordered (configured) it 1/4/2016. Finally, I got it on 3/31/2016. I live in the bay area so I think that bump me up the configuration/deliver list.
I almost purchased a Porsche in the end of 2015 but I am so glad it did not happen. It is worth the wait. I can't image me going back to ICE. I even converted my wife from Prosche to MS last September so we are now pure electric.
I have been driving the MX for nine monts and still love it just like the 1st day I got it! Hang in there. ;-)

Reactions: Jayc