TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Happy New Year! THE year!

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Dan Detweiler, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Dan Detweiler

Dan Detweiler Member

• Like x 6
  2. dsvick

dsvick Active Member

I find I'm relieved that it is 2017. That means we made it 9 months since waiting in line that day, I remember the week after I reserved thinking "how the hell am I going to make it over a year?". Now we should be about half there already!!

• Like x 1
  3. Dan Detweiler

Dan Detweiler Member

Originally, they were saying first deliveries in late 2018. Shortly after the first reveal Elon modified it to a year earlier.

You realize of course that the closer production gets, the longer and longer each day will become...right?

Dan

4. dsvick

dsvick Active Member

Achingly aware .... I'm thinking I'll be ok from now to the spring reveal, after that though all bets are off.

5. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Member

Just stuck my nose into family and work and presto, its 2017! Time flies faster when you are busy.

When did Model X owners start getting the option to configure before production started? I know its comparing apples and oranges, but just curious about past delivery history.

6. Dan Detweiler

Dan Detweiler Member

Yet another of the 10,000 unanswered questions that we have all been aching to know the answer to. ;)

Dan

7. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Member

Well...not really asking about Model 3. I know there's no way to know until it happens. Just wondering about configuring-to-production timeframes for the Model X owners who pre-ordered.

• Informative x 1
  8. BayArea_David

BayArea_David Member

I reserved my MX on 9/1/2014 and the reservation sequence # was about 128xx. Then I ordered (configured) it 1/4/2016. Finally, I got it on 3/31/2016. I live in the bay area so I think that bump me up the configuration/deliver list.
    I almost purchased a Porsche in the end of 2015 but I am so glad it did not happen. It is worth the wait. I can't image me going back to ICE. I even converted my wife from Prosche to MS last September so we are now pure electric.
    I have been driving the MX for nine monts and still love it just like the 1st day I got it! Hang in there. ;-)

• Like x 1