Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Happy Opti-coat customer in Los Angeles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WSE51

Supporting Member
Aug 24, 2012
Park City, Utah
My Signature Model S had a Tesla-applied paint armor which I never really liked. It only covered half the hood, and dirt showed at the margins. The armor bunched at the mirrors. After three years, it is not as clear as it was before. For our new 90D, we decided to go with Opti-Coat Pro instead, and one of the dealers in Northern California who does many Teslas recommended this guy:

Anthony Alvarado
Mighty Fine Auto Detailing
Quality Auto Detailing in Los Angeles
(213) 700-9519

I have no relationship with Anthony other than being a satisfied customer, and no benefit from bringing him new customers. I think he said he had Opti-coated over 50 Model S vehicles already. He was great to work with! He offers a variety of options and explained the cost/benefit without any sales pressure. I did not feel that I needed his top-of-the line package which also included treatment of the leather seats.

I was not sure of my delivery date and he took smaller jobs around the expected time in order to start the job as soon as I finished the delivery process. His shop in Van Nuys, about 3 miles from the Tesla Service Center, was clean and organized. He finished his work earlier than promised, and explained everything in thorough detail.

When he found out that I would be driving to Utah two weeks after he finished his work, he volunteered to give me a free wash himself so that he could double-check everything and be sure that my car was prepared for the harsher environment. The paint correction/coating looks sensational. We expect to purchase a Model X soon and will definitely use him again.

Great to hear. Two things
1. how much ? $ and
2. Utah a "harsher environment" :eek: !? I grew up in LA. Oooohh, you mean for the CAR ! Right, they measure the salt they apply here in "Tons per Lane Mile" seriously

Sorry that I didn't see these questions earlier --

It cost $1,200. That included one free post-coating car wash, which was car-detailing quality.
He is Opticoat certified and I got the warranty. It took him about 48 hours and he did not provide a loaner... though to be honest I never asked.

Off topic -- I have been in Utah now for a week and my 90D (with snow tires purchased from Tesla) totally dominates in snow. Almost feels like driving on dry pavement.