Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Happy to see we have an E pack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would be interested to see a taper curve for an E pack. Anyone care to take up the challenge? Basically plot charge rate (kW) vs SOC (%) and include sufficient resolution to actually make a curve.

Today was my first supercharge ever! Using VisibleTesla and excel I am actually a slope of 0.4854X^-10.64 at an R squared of .99664. Even at almost full I was running 177 kwh!

@ratjc - Can you post a visual, similar to that shown below?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 522
@ratjc - Can you post a visual, similar to that shown below?

Is the chart above actual data, from real-world A and B packs? I'm a relative newb, with a P85D about to enter production. Assuming the chart is real data, is my following interpretation of it correct: the B pack improved upon the A pack's ability to charge quickly at Superchargers when low levels of charge remained, but at 65% or so of charge there was no difference in the charge rate between A packs and B packs?

Also if we're now up to E-packs, why does the chart above only show A packs and B packs and not any C and D packs?

Thanks.

The graph posted above is real world data. However, there is considerable debate among some TMC members whether there is a difference in maximum charge rate taper. The point of contention is when do B, D, and now E packs cross the 90 kW threshold? See a related thread here where we tried to sort it out:

Supercharging Taper Curve for D+ Pack

I would love to overlay my chart with reliable data sets (and with sufficient time resolution) that people send me of their SpC sessions. Many Visible Tesla graphs suffer from too low time resolution such that it is not clear when the line intersected a certain kW output.

Side Note: we don't have any evidence of the C pack existing in the wild.

The graph posted above is real world data. However, there is considerable debate among some TMC members whether there is a difference in maximum charge rate taper. The point of contention is when do B, D, and now E packs cross the 90 kW threshold? See a related thread here where we tried to sort it out:

Supercharging Taper Curve for D+ Pack

I would love to overlay my chart with reliable data sets (and with sufficient time resolution) that people send me of their SpC sessions. Many Visible Tesla graphs suffer from too low time resolution such that it is not clear when the line intersected a certain kW output.

Side Note: we don't have any evidence of the C pack existing in the wild.

Thanks!

I will read the thread you referenced. Appreciate the info, and would be happy to help submit data when I get my P85D, but am unlikely to be frequenting superchargers very often, as there are none anywhere near me.

Thanks rjatc, but if you could put it into kW that would be much better since mph is an average over the charge session. At any rate, it looks like you started the session at >50% SOC so the taper is definitely biting at this point. Seeing data from 0-50% is usually the most useful.