Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hard braking for no reason

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
phantom.jpg

For those that are curious, on this street above, you can't really tell from this picture since it was taken from the left lane, but that light post next to the last tree on the right, is tangential to this curve when you approach in the right lane. (I forgot to save a clip from the Y, so I just stole this from Google Maps). On EVERY car I have with RADAR, the car will slam on the brakes if I am in the right lane doing > 40mph.. Luckily my vision only Y does NOT do that here... So in my other cars, I have to consciously make sure I am in the left travel lane when I'm going down this section of road.

Reactions: Big Earl
11/21 M3 - scares the *sugar* out of me. Not relaxing to drive at all. Just give me regular cruise unless I am in autopilot or I think I have to get rid of the car. It has seriously and without reason buried me in the seatbelt several times. No pattern for sure and I have looked. Consistently does little taps on the brakes and every opne makes my adrenaline flow being uncertain if it's about to ENGAGE. So far it has (except ojnce on hwy 97 coming out of Bend, OR) let up off the brakes quickly, but man, it is a rear-ender waiting to happen. I am sooo bummed - otherwise love the car and it was a financial stretch for me to buy it.