TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hard inquiries for Tesla financing?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by ChrisH, Aug 9, 2018.

1. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

hello all.

Has anyone gone through Tesla for financing? Their financial document says they could shop for a loan from about 8 banks/credit unions.

My question is, will I get 8 hard inquiries on my credit report at once because of this?

Thanks

2. kengchang

kengchang Member

One pull

• Informative x 1
  3. Megapsychotron

In my case, Tesla offered US Bank loan at something like 3.3%. I was financing half of the car for 48 months. I went with Logic FCU. 2.74%

4. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

Thanks. How long ago was this?

5. fabianluque

fabianluque New Member

I did it like a month ago. I got several inquiries in my report pretty close to each other, I guess it was 4 of them. Went with Wells Fargo.

6. lee619

lee619 Member

Even if it's 8 pulls, credit breaus will count it as 1 pull if they are all within 1-2 weeks. They know that people shop around for car loans and require multiple pulls when they do.

• Informative x 1