Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hard ride with Model S Air suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2017 Model S and for a year or so I have noticed the ride has become quite hard. It is particularly bad at low speeds on bumpy surfaces and i get some rocking from side to side. I've taken it in to Tesla twice. The first time they said it was OK but replaced a part (ground bracket?). The second time they replaced the front near side air suspension unit. This made things a bit better but it's still not right. I don't think I've got a leak as the car doesn't "sag" when parked for a while. It's all very mystifying. Does anyone have any ideas what it might be?

I have a 2017 Model S and for a year or so I have noticed the ride has become quite hard. It is particularly bad at low speeds on bumpy surfaces and i get some rocking from side to side. I've taken it in to Tesla twice. The first time they said it was OK but replaced a part (ground bracket?). The second time they replaced the front near side air suspension unit. This made things a bit better but it's still not right. I don't think I've got a leak as the car doesn't "sag" when parked for a while. It's all very mystifying. Does anyone have any ideas what it might be?

What ride height you are driving around most on ? play about with the settings and make a note of which make the ride firmer or softer . For me low speeds in car parks with suspension on very high can feel quite harsh over bumps .

I've noticed the level of competency can change drastically in different service centers here in london . I've stopped taking my car to any of them for servicing , I'd highly recommend getting in touch with Cleevely ev ( great independant ev garage). Have a chat with them , see if they can help pinpoint the issue , also the prices are far more reasonable than tesla service centers .

It might be worth trying out another model S to see how it compares to your ride . consider joining the tesla owners uk facebook group , there is bound to be some one close by that could help with that.

I have a 2014 85, coil spring. I greatly improved the ride by lubricating the anti - roll/sway bar bushes. I found it by accident when the lanoguard rust treatment that I used on the steel parts ran into the rubber bush. After finding this, I forced lanoguard grease into the bushes.

Reactions: rickyjb