TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hardtop headliner sag

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by nsxpert, Jun 16, 2015.

1. nsxpert

nsxpert Member

Searched, but couldn't find any info about this:

The felt headliner of my hardtop is starting to separate and sag on both sides close to where it meets the windows. Anyone else had this problem before? Is there an easy fix?

2. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

We had this problem on our CPO Sig#40.

We are still under warranty, so we just brought it into the service center and they fixed it. They had to outsource it to someone who does interiors, but it was taken care of.

3. Sparrow

Sparrow S105/ Roadster 189

Yes, it happened to my roof a couple of years ago. Took it to an auto interiors place for repair.

4. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

Yes a local car trim shop should be able to handle. Mine separated under warranty but the local shop did a great job.

5. nsxpert

nsxpert Member

I'll look around for one. Thanks!

6. Rik

Rik Member

My headliner is pulling away in 2 areas. Any recommendations for an auto interior/trim shop in the Washington, DC area?

7. MLAUTO

MLAUTO Member

One alternative I have used in the past is to remove the old headliner and just use a black spray on truck bedliner. The look is very similar, and it will literally last forever. It is slightly louder when it rains, but not much. I personally didn't notice a difference in the temp due to the loss of insulation either.

8. sethr

sethr CPO Roadster #1089

#8 sethr, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    I just used Lim's Custom Top & Upholstery to reupholster my DEET - ruined seat; they did a very nice job. Since it's in their name, I'm sure they can help with your top. They were recommended to me by Michael, the Service Advisor at Tyco Tesla. Plus they're conveniently across the street from the SC, at 8455-I Tyco Road. Best of luck!

9. Rik

Rik Member

much appreciated

10. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

Just to let those know who might have a damaged seat covering, there's a seller on ebay who is selling two of them in the black and dark brown combination is seems. $200 obo a piece. From the looks of it they might be the original from Tesla.

Seats Covers Tesla Original Leather 2 Tone Front Rear | eBay

One issue I see is in the pic below the left one has a fold / crease in the leather which may not come out. However there's two sets so there may be one that's perfect as a set:

s-l1600.jpg