TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hardtop Inside Header Panel needed....

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by chris22104, May 27, 2012.

1. chris22104

chris22104 Member

Long story short, I got my roadster from a different source than the original owner. I tracked down the original owner, who still had the original matching colored hard top. I purchased it from him; very nice. Unfortunately, the inside header panel is missing, and according to the owner's manual, it is needed for securing the leading edge. The original owner says he doesn't have it. I called tesla and they want $300 for this stupid inside panel. I was not banking on having to spend more than I paid for the top; I just assumed the panel would come with the top. The original owner doesn't want to work with me on it, so I'm screwed there. Anyone have a used one in good shape? Thanks!

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Well you got a great deal, considering that the hard top cost $3500 new. Even paying $300 for a replacement header panel (not surprised by that price, either), you've still got a great bargain.

3. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

4. chris22104

chris22104 Member

Looking at the Lotus parts breakdown, it probably is the exact same piece. But for the minimal difference, I don't think I'd take a chance. Who knows how the inside panel's trim is; it might not match. Keep me in mind if anyone has a used one from an 08.
    Thanks guys!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/julian108/1-1.jpg

5. jory

jory Member

swapped on the roadster soft top this week. here is a photo of the back side of header panel used with the hard top:

IMG_0463.JPG

6. chris22104

chris22104 Member

I went ahead and ordered the new one from Tesla. $362 shipped. Quite a bit, but it was needed to be complete, so I bit the bullet. Thanks for your help Nigel, Jory and Doug G!
    Chris