Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Harris Ranch Electrify America site

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Arrived here last night and there is another construction site beyond the area of the last expansion. Nothing definitive like boxes, but loads of conduit and they are digging up the grass verge.
Looks like new stalls to me, maybe another 10 slots?
Interesting, thanks for your report! Let’s hear from more people who are using this Supercharger and get photos if any Tesla crates arrive onsite. Thanks.

Reactions: Jazz3D
I was just there earlier today. Only plastic pipes and a couple of containers, nothing Tesla looking but definitely tearing up and fencing off the right area for expansion.
Don’t get too excited guys. It is probably an Electrify America site. If that is what it turns out to be I’ll split these posts and start a thread about it in the main California forum.
DBB02499-36A1-4085-8FFB-A9506A21F78D.png

Arrived here last night and there is another construction site beyond the area of the last expansion. Nothing definitive like boxes, but loads of conduit and they are digging up the grass verge.
Looks like new stalls to me, maybe another 10 slots?

Thanks for the update! It would be cool if they’re adding a bunch of new V3 stalls at 250kW each.

That would be cool too. Those with adapters can use them in case the site is full.
EA sites only have one chademo station per site, the bare minimum required by their dieselgate settlement. So one Tesla driver with the chademo adapter could charge at 50kw. All the rest are CCS only, which as my Grandpa would say, are currently as useless to US Teslas as tits on a bull.

• Funny
Reactions: Benjamin Brooks
EA sites only have one chademo station per site, the bare minimum required by their dieselgate settlement. So one Tesla driver with the chademo adapter could charge at 50kw. All the rest are CCS only, which as my Grandpa would say, are currently as useless to US Teslas as tits on a bull.
Didn’t know either of those
In that case I’ll be hoping it’s tesla expanding the site

Better yet I’d prefer tesla to acquire the vacant building across the freeway, by the gas station, and build a 40+ stall Kettleman like site.

Work on the EA site has started at Harris Ranch. When I stopped there Friday, there were several utility-type guys measuring things out around the big Tesla transformer. Yesterday, there were either 7 or 8 boxes (didn't get a good angle) containing the CCS chargers. At 2 stalls per charger, that is likely 16 stalls, so not bad for our non-Tesla friends. I didn't see anything that I could positively identify as a Chademo. There was, however, a Hydrogen station on site (last pic)! I did not know that.

So, hats off to Harris Ranch. I don't particularly like the kind of food they serve there, but they are very proactive for alternate forms of vehicular propulsion! [/ATTACH]
IMG_20200224_134303.jpg
IMG_20200224_134323.jpg
IMG_20200224_135708.jpg

At 2 stalls per charger, that is likely 16 stalls, so not bad for our non-Tesla friends
The EA chargers do have 2 cables each, but even so each charger can only serve one car at a time. Once one car is charging, plugging in with the other cable does nothing. According to EA, it's to allow for serving cars with their charging port in different locations or sides of the car and was their design choice instead of going with a single much longer cable so that it would be able to reach anywhere.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart