Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Harris Ranch is getting first battery swap station

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To MravecSK
Yes, feel free to use my photos.

To DFibRL8R & dbfish
I agree Tesla could upgrade the bathrooms, look at what they did at the Culver City Supercharger to ward off ICE cars from blocking spaces:

The bathroom is maintained by the Shell station along this major interstate highway, the property is not a dedicated Tesla facility.

Last edited:
Any news??? It's been one week since the last post and 11 days since I had eyes on the site. Has anyone signed up for the beta program to use the swap? Have there been any details released, how will they handle model A versus B batteries, old/tired batteries, cost?

I was there yesterday. As I was driving up, I saw a car in the station getting a swap. I'm not sure if it was a company car or if it was a pilot program customer getting it done. I parked, went in to Subway and got a sandwich and then walked over to see what was going on. There were four company cars MFG plates, and a few others around as well as some equipment in the parking lot. There were at least 4 Tesla employees there working on various things. They were in the back room and under the pit, so I could not get an exact count. they seemed anxious about me walking around eating a sandwich and watching them, so I did not go inside and try and start a conversation, but just stood outside and watched as they worked. Unfortunately they did not perform any swaps while I was watching, they were just running the equipment through some cycles. I could see down into the pit and see a pack on the lower rack. They have some nice artwork on the wall showing the underside of the swap station. It looks like they are pretty much ready to go, and just waiting for some cars it seems.

IMG_6123.jpg

IMG_6124.jpg

IMG_6122.jpg

I stopped by on my way back north again today. All closed up, but there was a car left sitting inside. You can see just how close the tires are to the opening, and there is also a section of the opening between the wheels that pulls back about 6" to allow for more access to the bottom of the car from underneath. I can't wait to see this in action.

IMG_6128.jpg

I was there yesterday. As I was driving up, I saw a car in the station getting a swap. I'm not sure if it was a company car or if it was a pilot program customer getting it done. I parked, went in to Subway and got a sandwich and then walked over to see what was going on. There were four company cars MFG plates, and a few others around as well as some equipment in the parking lot. There were at least 4 Tesla employees there working on various things. They were in the back room and under the pit, so I could not get an exact count. they seemed anxious about me walking around eating a sandwich and watching them, so I did not go inside and try and start a conversation, but just stood outside and watched as they worked. Unfortunately they did not perform any swaps while I was watching, they were just running the equipment through some cycles. I could see down into the pit and see a pack on the lower rack. They have some nice artwork on the wall showing the underside of the swap station. It looks like they are pretty much ready to go, and just waiting for some cars it seems.

IMG_6122.jpg

those are battery shipping crates.