TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Harris Ranch is not working 11/18/14

Discussion in 'North America' started by aname4me, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aname4me

aname4me Member

Flat beds being used by Tesla to carry MS's to either Gilroy or Tejon Ranch when you get here.

2. David99

David99 Active Member

3. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

That sucks. Too bad the original one by the Shell station was removed.

4. HillCountryFun

Do we know what the root cause is...Is there a power outage to the station?

Thanks!

5. abasile

abasile Independent Software Eng.

San Bernardino Mts., CA (Elev. 6100' / 1800m)
    Now that is impressive customer service. I don't think any other EV manufacturer or charging network operator would be nearly that proactive! It's great to see that Tesla is going above and beyond. Hopefully the problem will be fixed soon.

6. Tyl

Tyl Member

#6 Tyl, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    Tech's determining the root cause of the problem and repair/fix as necessary :::: per TSC support.

At time 14:59PST Harris Ranch stated that it was a PG&E problem..... Shell station area and the restaurant did not have power interruption.

7. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

I shouldn't be surprised, but I am ALWAYS happily surprised every time I see/hear/read where Tesla service has stepped up the game once again.

8. Owner

Owner Active Member

Wow that's a first. But what great support. But then you have to ride in the truck cab?

- - - Updated - - -

Just called Tesla .... couldn't help myself...

Harris Ranch IS working already.... only down for a couple of hours.

9. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

Great to see it's working already. And what excellent service by Tesla. Doesn't surprise me a bit.

10. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I'm curious as to the explanation for the outage but we may never know.

It's the first time I've heard of an entire SC going down.

11. BlueTan85

BlueTan85 Member

Maybe the auto dealer associations have upped the ante. After all, we're in Stage 3 of "first they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

12. Benjamin Brooks

Harris Ranch has had the bank of 6 stalls go down before (at least once last summer). The only working one was the original separate 1 stall that was the first SC ever, that they've since removed...
    Doesn't bode well for the battery swap station going in there, if power feed from the grid is unreliable.

13. efxjim

efxjim Member

Once they have a battery bank they can operate the charger without mains power (So they say).

14. ken830

ken830 Model S (Res#P12,447)

Someone on reddit posted just a few hours ago that the chargers are down again. I will be there Friday night. Hope whatever issue they are having will be resolved by then.

15. napabill

napabill Active Member

I'm thinking it's time to consider diverting from Tejon over to Atascadero to avoid Harris Ranch. Would be a frigging disaster if it went down on Monday when I was coming through. And 101 is a nicer drive in any event.:smile:

16. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

Another case for showing real time availability. If you were charging at Tejon Ranch and could see on your Nav screen that Harris Ranch was not working or full, it would offer you the ability to change your routing to Atascadero for example and avoid the pile up of cars waiting for a charge and tow trucks!

17. napabill

napabill Active Member

Suppose I could just call the Supercharger phone number and inquire when I'm at Tejon. But I was surprised to learn that the route from Tejon through Atascadero to Gilroy is 3 miles less that through Harris Ranch. Not as fast I expect but still...

18. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

We should be able to see supercharger stations like this:

Blink.png

19. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Lloyd I agree and have been hoping for the past year that the Model S would show real time Supercharger status including number of chargers in use. Tesla has that information. They need to make it available to their customers. I realize it will take some work, but it needs to happen.

If I was planning a trip on 5 right now I would seriously consider taking the 101 instead.

20. Tyl

Tyl Member

11-19... The superchargers were weak! 50kWh at best! Slow! Tesla Tech stated that the site had continual problems with getting power>>> it is not an on site problem.. it's the power feed apparently.

Indio to Oxnard (which I've done on occasion) and then up the 101 coast is the best alternate, or go Tejon over to the coast! The long distance between Indio and Oxnard/Tejon ...well.. maybe Rancho Cucamonga will ease that a bit! What's needed to be done at Rancho was minimal, it was just getting the power company crew on site to do some re-wiring and then circuit breaker checks. Tesla Tech would be on site until it was up and running... He only had a bout 29 miles of range in his test car!!!! Yikes!! ...but there are level II's nearby should he need one! Seemed like today Thursday ... it would be up and running!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.