Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Harsh Ride with 22s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model X with OEM 22" wheels and air suspension. The ride is harsher than I expected (compared to my wife's Audi A8). I am thinking of decreasing the air pressure in the tires from 41 psi to 32 psi. Would this make a difference? Would the Low Tire Pressure indicator light on the dash stay on? How would this affect tire life?

I have a Model X with OEM 22" wheels and air suspension. The ride is harsher than I expected (compared to my wife's Audi A8). I am thinking of decreasing the air pressure in the tires from 41 psi to 32 psi. Would this make a difference? Would the Low Tire Pressure indicator light on the dash stay on? How would this affect tire life?

If you decrease the tire pressure to 32 psi, your TPMS light would stay on constantly. Aside from safety concerns, the lower pressure would increase your contact patch and lower your range by quite a bit.

Your best bet is to sell the 22" wheels and get the 20" wheels or look for someone local who would want to trade.

Reactions: tangerine
I had the 21 in rims on my model s and with constant contact with pot holes and crappy roads ride quality really suffered. 20 in rims for the model x were a no brainer for me and I don't regret the decision at all.

Problem solved. 20x90" 20x10" TST with factory 20" tire size.
white-model-x-20-tst-matte-black-5_1.jpg

Reactions: mal_tsla

What ride height are you riding on?