TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Has 8.1 fixed the shortcomings of 8.0?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by bob_p, Mar 30, 2017.

1. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

Now that the long promised 8.1 has started arriving, has it addressed the problems introduced in 8.0?

Is XM radio still unusable on the new cars because of the loss of the station slider and station list, forcing single stepping XM stations one at a time?

Is the media player remembering the current song and position after a resume from sleep or after listening to another radio source?

Has the browser been fixed, or does it still have problems displaying some websites, including Tesla.com?

And have there been any new "improvements" added that degrade usability or new bugs introduced?

2. cytranic

cytranic Member

8.1 is nothing more than 8.0 AP2 Updates renamed as 8.1

• Like x 5
  3. Lump

Lump Active Member

CFO gets to finally recognize revenues from AP2 cars, other then that....LOL.

4. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

I agree, this appears to be an 8.0 release that was relabeled as 8.1 - since we didn't see the promised browser and media player improvements. XM radio is still broken for cars manufactured after 8.0 was released.

5. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

No.

6. steve841

steve841 Active Member

AP1 car here and I noticed that the media player does not return to the station I left it on after exiting the car... 17.11.10

7. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

One of the other "improvements" in 8.0 is that the media player forgets the currently playing USB song when you change the media player to another source. When going back to USB - you have to manually select a song to start playing. Prior to 8.0, the media player would usually remember the currently playing song, except for some times when it would forget when resuming from sleep.

I also have the phantom radio station change - entering the car in the morning, the media player will change to radio - on a station that I've never selected.

8. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Voluntaryist

If they didn't add audio source selection back to the right scroll wheel I could care less about this update from a classic MS perspective.

9. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

Looks like the bug where my Dolby kept turning itself off has been fixed, hopefully I'm not jinxing myself.