Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has 8.1 fixed the shortcomings of 8.0?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bob_p

Apr 5, 2012
Now that the long promised 8.1 has started arriving, has it addressed the problems introduced in 8.0?

Is XM radio still unusable on the new cars because of the loss of the station slider and station list, forcing single stepping XM stations one at a time?

Is the media player remembering the current song and position after a resume from sleep or after listening to another radio source?

Has the browser been fixed, or does it still have problems displaying some websites, including Tesla.com?

And have there been any new "improvements" added that degrade usability or new bugs introduced?

I agree, this appears to be an 8.0 release that was relabeled as 8.1 - since we didn't see the promised browser and media player improvements. XM radio is still broken for cars manufactured after 8.0 was released.

Now that the long promised 8.1 has started arriving, has it addressed the problems introduced in 8.0?

Is XM radio still unusable on the new cars because of the loss of the station slider and station list, forcing single stepping XM stations one at a time?

Is the media player remembering the current song and position after a resume from sleep or after listening to another radio source?

Has the browser been fixed, or does it still have problems displaying some websites, including Tesla.com?

And have there been any new "improvements" added that degrade usability or new bugs introduced?
No.

One of the other "improvements" in 8.0 is that the media player forgets the currently playing USB song when you change the media player to another source. When going back to USB - you have to manually select a song to start playing. Prior to 8.0, the media player would usually remember the currently playing song, except for some times when it would forget when resuming from sleep.

I also have the phantom radio station change - entering the car in the morning, the media player will change to radio - on a station that I've never selected.