Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
100% this is cash flow related and now that the earnings call has taken place they will start delivering the spoilers. There is no redesign, no supply chain delay, or whatever other nonsense we have all been told. This is simply Tesla delaying costs against purchase to improve their cash conversion cycle.

• Disagree
Reactions: InDaClub
100% this is cash flow related and now that the earnings call has taken place they will start delivering the spoilers. There is no redesign, no supply chain delay, or whatever other nonsense we have all been told. This is simply Tesla delaying costs against purchase to improve their cash conversion cycle.

If that was true, the spoilers would have started shipping in January as their most recent quarterly financial statements closed on 12/31/18. They could have shipped literally every spoiler owed on January 1, 2019 and it would have not impacted what they said on yesterday's earnings call. Plus, since they are a public company and must use GAAP accounting, the liability for spoilers owed needs to be reflected when each car was sold -- not when they ship the spoilers. So, while it MIGHT have been a cash flow play (i.e. order the spoilers and pay for them in THIS quarter rather than Q4, 2018), the liability would have still needed to be on the books AND given their likely cost per spoiler (has to be less than $500), I don't think they'd monkey around with their financial statements to save such a small relative amount of cash.

All of that said, I hope you are right about them starting to deliver all of them now -- for whatever reason!!

If that was true, the spoilers would have started shipping in January as their most recent quarterly financial statements closed on 12/31/18. They could have shipped literally every spoiler owed on January 1, 2019 and it would have not impacted what they said on yesterday's earnings call. Plus, since they are a public company and must use GAAP accounting, the liability for spoilers owed needs to be reflected when each car was sold -- not when they ship the spoilers. So, while it MIGHT have been a cash flow play (i.e. order the spoilers and pay for them in THIS quarter rather than Q4, 2018), the liability would have still needed to be on the books AND given their likely cost per spoiler (has to be less than $500), I don't think they'd monkey around with their financial statements to save such a small relative amount of cash.

All of that said, I hope you are right about them starting to deliver all of them now -- for whatever reason!!

It would be kind of hilarious if there was actually a line item on their financial statement for "Spoilers Owed." lol

My biggest concern is with no one at Tesla providing a straight answer. I don't care if they say tomorrow or March, just let me know what's realistic. Also, with their suspect record keeping, I'd be curious how many P3D owners may have been left off a list.

So I pinged my local SC again. Took them 3 days to get back to me. But I got two different responses a couple of hours apart:

No word on the spoilers yet. We are still waiting to receive them. As for the badging- they are being installed on new cars and our mobile team will contact you once the parts arrive for your car! It shouldn’t be too much longer. I expect the badges to be available within the next month.

Our Mobile Team will be receiving the badges and spoilers and will contact you to schedule a visit at your location for installation. The badges have started to arrive. The spoilers are due in by the end of Spring 2019.

I can’t belive that no one has yet speculated that the spoilers are a pimple on Teslas ass. They are heavily in debt, trying to succeed as a new car Company and is not paying all of the suppliers on time. Probably in proccess of looking for of a spoiler supplier who will ship and accept payment whenever they can get it. Not lots of them out there

• Disagree
Reactions: 2virgule5
I can’t belive that no one has yet speculated that the spoilers are a pimple on Teslas ass. They are heavily in debt, trying to succeed as a new car Company and is not paying all of the suppliers on time. Probably in proccess of looking for of a spoiler supplier who will ship and accept payment whenever they can get it. Not lots of them out there
Elon's credit card has to good for at least a thousand spoilers.

806C9724-86D5-49FF-B221-C03FB9537ADF.jpeg
43C18188-A643-4488-A025-0B6740EF0915.jpeg
B9867B72-5DDE-4D27-B774-C3E835F377F4.jpeg
B9867B72-5DDE-4D27-B774-C3E835F377F4.jpeg
What ?! I am in Charlotte , and they told me they haven't seen any yet?!
This is how my model 3 looked after they installed my badge lol with their template!!!. I was able to compound it out:eek:

It would be kind of hilarious if there was actually a line item on their financial statement for "Spoilers Owed." lol

My biggest concern is with no one at Tesla providing a straight answer. I don't care if they say tomorrow or March, just let me know what's realistic. Also, with their suspect record keeping, I'd be curious how many P3D owners may have been left off a list.

Yes. The lack of ANY communication is unacceptable. Somebody should be fired for that.

My biggest concern is with no one at Tesla providing a straight answer.

the 2nd part of this problem is the myriad of differing excuses?
does tesla's void of accurate information subtly encourage it's
employees to just manufacture expectations to not appear to
be as in the dark as the customers?

each time I'm given a vague yet seemingly convincing answer,
I try and not be disrespectful when explaining how inaccurate
and convincing their previous fellow employees reasoning was/is!

Reactions: FrunkingFast