Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean I picked up my vehicle at Costa Mesa so I think that should be enough a reason to say I'm from that service center as well?

Does it show as Preferred Center?

I'm not saying it should matter.. but Tesla's ERP workflow could be along the lines of:

Conditions:

-Tesla Model 3 Performance with Premium Upgrade Package (Obvious, but Tesla has to tag it in their ERP)
-Delivery between 07/01/2018 and 10/01/2018 (What is known)
-Costa Mesa as Preferred Center in MyTesla

Waiting on someone this weekend or earlier to debunk that as a factor or not. Delivery center alone doesn't seem to check all the boxes per @outie

upload_2019-2-5_16-20-40.png

• Informative
Reactions: Nocturnal
Yup. I put it on mine as well. My official badge is available. On the fence if I want it. For now I said hold on to it till the spoiler is ready.
I say you should just keep the P3D+ badge. Although personally I would leave out the 'plus' since there's no such thing for Model 3. I don't understand why Tesla didn't do the Performance badge the same way they did for the S/X.

Reactions: Kbra
Anyone planning to wrap/paint their spoiler? Or keep it OEM carbon fiber? I'm considering wrapping mine in satin black or the color of car.

I have considered painting mine to match pearl white,
but I must admit, I have no idea how the carbon is
finished on the OEM carbon, or if painting it is possible
or if dong so will negatively deteriorate the material?

anyone have experience in refinishing/painting carbon fiber?

Got mine today. They called to let me know it was ready on Tuesday and the mobile tech came by today to do the install.

I'm in Menlo Park, CA. The tech also told me that they were doing an install event at Tesla's Palo Alto HQ today with 2 techs doing spoiler installs all day long.

Here's what it looks like: spoiler & badge

hopefully they will be getting these in socal soon

If my car is ceramic coated will the techs be able to do a good install?

I have considered painting mine to match pearl white,
but I must admit, I have no idea how the carbon is
finished on the OEM carbon, or if painting it is possible
or if dong so will negatively deteriorate the material?

anyone have experience in refinishing/painting carbon fiber?
I own a body shop and any quality shop should have no trouble painting the spoiler.