Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you mind taking some pix once it's all done? I'll consider doing the same depending on the results
Sure, will do. They haven't contacted me yet though. Good timing I guess, I'm having an issue with a side mirror that won't fold either.

Here's the spoiler issue I have:

Lni7xbg.jpg

BWbA5Zu.jpg

Apparently if Elon was tasked with dropping a drone from outer space that could grab a spoiler on the way down from moving aircraft, fly to and install perfectly on our Model 3's travelling at highway speeds it would be a piece of cake?

giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Sg911
Sure, will do. They haven't contacted me yet though. Good timing I guess, I'm having an issue with a side mirror that won't fold either.

Here's the spoiler issue I have:
Hard to tell the extent of it with the closeup but yours looks worse than mine. I'd say mine is detached by a half inch and looking at it there doesn't appear to be an adhesive in that half inch. So perhaps it is by design.

These photos are just horrendous. Absolutely unacceptable. For what I spent on this car that is insanely substandard.
No way is something that looks that horrible going on my car in that condition. How is that even close to acceptable?
What an embarrassment. I thought the delay was due to ‘reworking’ the sh&$@ fitting spoiler to begin with.
I’m speechless.

Ski

Agreed. When I take my car in, I will nicely inform them that I will not accept a hack job, and that I will only accept a properly installed spoiler.

@SD_Engnr,

Good luck with that. Based on the photos I’m not optimistic unless something changes. How many times are you willing to have your Spoiler reworked, removed and reattached multiple times after it keeps ‘flapping its wings’?

Ski

@SD_Engnr,

Good luck with that. Based on the photos I’m not optimistic unless something changes. How many times are you willing to have your Spoiler reworked, removed and reattached multiple times after it keeps ‘flapping its wings’?

Ski

Absolutely zero times. I will show them pictures from this thread, and explain very nicely that I won't accept it installed as shown here. They can either ensure that it goes on perfectly, or let me take it home and I'll sell it, and buy an aftermarket one that will fit.

Reactions: Nocturnal
Wonder if the relatively cold weather has any impact on these installs? If installed during production assume they would have been in a temperature controlled environment long enough for tape to fully settle.
The tape should just keep the spoiler attached to the trunk lid. It's not designed nor strong enough for any real tension to compensate for mismatched surfaces/poor fit/design flaws/etc.

The tape should just keep the spoiler attached to the trunk lid. It's not designed nor strong enough for any real tension to compensate for mismatched surfaces/poor fit/design flaws/etc.

So we should know immediately if it will fit or not just by resting the spoiler on the trunk. If any gap, the tape won't help so no reason to proceed. Or maybe ask mobile tech to bring more than one.

So we should know immediately if it will fit or not just by resting the spoiler on the trunk. If any gap, the tape won't help so no reason to proceed. Or maybe ask mobile tech to bring more than one.
IMO, yes. It should fit flush with no gaps, etc. You might get away with a very slight gap/misalignment if the spoiler has enough give/flexibility but anything more than that and I think you'll be disappointed.