Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

SD_Engnr

Mar 24, 2016
San Diego
Weeks... how about months. They keep saying the same robot message. It’s assigned by vin purchase date , you should have by 1st Q 2019! Lol

I meant weeks of seeing other P3D+'s with their spoiler. I've been waiting since August 7th for my spoiler. Thankfully I have yet to see anything other than the demo cars with the spoiler. Helps limit my irritation.

• Funny
Reactions: SigNC and Sg911

Vogtle

Dec 28, 2018
Ashburn
This is what Tesla support had told me via email when I asked about it 2 weeks ago.

We want to surprise and delight our owners, so we’re bringing our Performance version of the Model 3 to market as quickly as possible. To get drivers into their perfect car now, the carbon fiber spoiler and Performance badging included in the Performance package will be installed after delivery at a location and time of your convenience when parts are available.
  • Please note that all Dual Motor Badging will be installed after delivery for both Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive and Performance cars
Parts have just begun shipping, and we will inform you as soon as they become available at your preferred Tesla Service Center. Your account will automatically have a note applied to record that you’re owed these installations, and there is no need to reach out to confirm.

Best,
Christina Landry | Tesla Support
Customer and Product Support | Tesla Support

• Informative
Reactions: CrazyCoconut

PA ZU

Jul 18, 2018
pittsburgh
Just another data point, but I was texting with my sc in Pittsburgh about an upcoming appointment and he said “we were told the spoiler is not due out until summer 2019.”

ModelNforNerd

Apr 17, 2015
Norway, ME
Man.....I got one on TSportline as part of their Christmas sale for $550. I got a "stealth" performance, so I wasn't getting an OEM spoiler anyway.

Kinda sucks if they're really pushing a piece of plastic with some 3M tape on it back until Summer.

DdotRoq

Jun 19, 2018
Miami, FL
I had an appointment to get mine installed earlier this week and when I showed up, they told me: "Sorry, it was a miscommunication, your appointment is just for the badge."

My car is completely debadged, including the Tesla sign. I don't want the Performance badge.

TD_alseT

Aug 4, 2018
California
My car is at the service center right now. I asked when I dropped it off and was told most likely near the end of the 1st quarter. I like the way the car looks the way it is and may not have it installed... I definitely don’t plan to add the badges.

Reactions: ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd

Apr 17, 2015
Norway, ME
I had an appointment to get mine installed earlier this week and when I showed up, they told me: "Sorry, it was a miscommunication, your appointment is just for the badge."

My car is completely debadged, including the Tesla sign. I don't want the Performance badge.

I am eligible for the Performance badge, and my Service Center has them in stock. I was in last month, and had to specifically tell them not to put it on.

Funkmobile

Apr 5, 2018
Vancouver
Anyone care to speculate why the aftermarket guys can design/mold/manufacturer/sell they're spoilers within weeks of the P3D release but it'll take almost a year for OEM Manufacturer Tesla to start shipping their own parts?

• Funny
Reactions: chr147

SD_Engnr

Mar 24, 2016
San Diego
Anyone care to speculate why the aftermarket guys can design/mold/manufacturer/sell they're spoilers within weeks of the P3D release but it'll take almost a year for OEM Manufacturer Tesla to start shipping their own parts?

I think that's why it makes absolutely no sense that Tesla has not made any progress (that we know of).

CrazyCoconut

Jul 24, 2018
Austin, TX
It's not a priority for Tesla. It won't generate any additional profit. They already have our money.

Reactions: Sg911

SD_Engnr

Mar 24, 2016
San Diego
It's not a priority for Tesla. It won't generate any additional profit. They already have our money.

Yeah, and that sucks. The problem that I have is that they never advertised it as not being available for what's going on 5+ months. The wording, as I recall, was that the spoiler and pedal covers would be installed at the service center at time of delivery. They should make the spoiler optional, and allow it to be deselected and save $1k on the package. And then, if we want to buy it later, make it available for $1500 or something.

i have an appointment with the service center to get mine put on 1/23.

Badge? Spoiler? Badge and spoiler?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC