Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what Tesla support had told me via email when I asked about it 2 weeks ago.

We want to surprise and delight our owners, so we’re bringing our Performance version of the Model 3 to market as quickly as possible. To get drivers into their perfect car now, the carbon fiber spoiler and Performance badging included in the Performance package will be installed after delivery at a location and time of your convenience when parts are available.
  • Please note that all Dual Motor Badging will be installed after delivery for both Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive and Performance cars
Parts have just begun shipping, and we will inform you as soon as they become available at your preferred Tesla Service Center. Your account will automatically have a note applied to record that you’re owed these installations, and there is no need to reach out to confirm.

Best,
Christina Landry | Tesla Support
Customer and Product Support | Tesla Support
I received that same exact robot message which doesn’t alleviate anything that I’ve been waiting 3 months and the rep said sometime.., this quarter. :mad:Tesla Customer Service not confidence inspiring

Their service takes forever to reply. I had a recall due to a power steering bolt that was supposed to be resolved for my MS, which the service center never contacted me for repairs, despite waiting 6+ months. Got a feeling the spoilers will be put off for a long while too.

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911
That’s the truest sad part!
Somewhat disagree.

There's no better advertising than seeing a performance model on the road, gliding down the street in its intended form. If it's just enough for the person on the fence to say "I want one of those" and places an order for a P instead of AWD or Mid-Range, then it was worth it. On the flip side it may also help them to decide against it LOL, which is why I somewhat disagree.

Somewhat disagree.

There's no better advertising than seeing a performance model on the road, gliding down the street in its intended form. If it's just enough for the person on the fence to say "I want one of those" and places an order for a P instead of AWD or Mid-Range, then it was worth it. On the flip side it may also help them to decide against it LOL, which is why I somewhat disagree.
Except to most non-Tesla enthusiasts, a base Model 3 looks exactly like a Performance. There are not enough distinguishing features.

• Love
Reactions: Sg911
Except to most non-Tesla enthusiasts, a base Model 3 looks exactly like a Performance. There are not enough distinguishing features.
Agreed. That's the point I was trying to make. The spoiler is the last distinguishing feature that's needed to show off the full package. Very few have seen the car in its entirety. As it stands, I even have a hard time telling them apart. It's arguable to have more distinguishing features, but as of right now, Tesla can't even show what little they already promised.

Look, I love my car, but just wondering out loud what Tesla would do if I said, "I want a refund. The car as spec'd was not delivered and you have made no serious effort to rectify the situation."
The only reason why I'm not making a bunch of noise about this is because of the 5k refund. I haven't actually received that check yet of course but supposedly I will.

i guess elon could have made everyone wait a year before releasing the p3d so he could secure the spoilers, rather than letting people get their cars early, sans spoiler.
It's not rocket science to source something like that.

Tesla hasn't even acknowledged the issue. They shipped the cars with no notice and no apology. That's a huge miss. How hard would an email be saying "hey, sorry, the spoilers aren't ready, will be a few months so enjoy your car in the meantime or we can give you $1000 back"

Reactions: SD_Engnr
It is because it was on the order page. No one held a gun to head to press the order button. If one is that upset s/he should have waited. Now is the long delay sucky? Yes but not unacceptable given the disclosure imho.

Ps: can copy and paste to FSD thread.

It absolutely was not on my order page. When I ordered my car the carbon fiber spoiler was listed as being included. Zero mention of the car shipping without it...