Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just arrived back from the Tesla dealership. They placed my spoiler on my Performance Model 3, and it was a great job.

Kudos to the Tesla NYC team took care to install the spoiler properly and even gave the car a hand wash (I skipped the badge) Looks great!

View attachment 406156 View attachment 406157 View attachment 406158 View attachment 406159View attachment 406164

@GolanB,

Is that a Gap between the right edge and the trunk or just the reflection? Doesn’t appear flush on the right end. May just be the angle.

Ski

Mine was installed yesterday by mobile service. It was a really nice fit but on the passenger side it did lift by 2mm. The tech told me to push it down once it was warmed by the sun. It was small so I figured I would try a great gun. I heated the area until it was hot to almost not touch, held it down until it cooled, then taped it in place. Removed the painters tape and boom.... It was seated. Will see if it stays that way.
+1 on the heat gun/blow dryer. Looks like it seated my passenger corner a bit better after I held it down with some force and taped after heating. Some of you with minor lifting can try this.

17FF082E-6457-40D0-99E0-9C85DD665D55.jpeg

+1 on the heat gun/blow dryer. Looks like it seated my passenger corner a bit better after I held it down with some force and taped after heating. Some of you with minor lifting can try this.

View attachment 406792

Mine has a little bit of lift too, maybe just 2mm or so, and right now I can push it flush but it will pop back up when I remove my hands. Do I still need to heat it, or do I just tape it at this point? I guess I'm not sure what the heating is for ... is it to make the spoiler more malleable, or is it to help the tape stick better?

Mine has a little bit of lift too, maybe just 2mm or so, and right now I can push it flush but it will pop back up when I remove my hands. Do I still need to heat it, or do I just tape it at this point? I guess I'm not sure what the heating is for ... is it to make the spoiler more malleable, or is it to help the tape stick better?

Heat will help to make the tape stick better. But if it’s been installed for a while and any dirty/dust has gotten in there, the tape would have lost its tackiness.

Heat will help to make the tape stick better. But if it’s been installed for a while and any dirty/dust has gotten in there, the tape would have lost its tackiness.

Thanks for your reply. I guess I'm out of luck then. Oh well. I can live with it as is, and if really starts to bother me I can request the SC for a new one, if / when they get better fitting parts.

I'm starting to see P3s being delivered with the spoiler pre-installed. Hopefully that means supplies have finally caught up and folks who still haven't gotten them should be getting them soon.
I've been watching the Performance waiting room thread for this very reason and it seems the vast majority of deliveries for the past couple of weeks have had their spoilers already installed. Very good news.

I took delivery a week ago. Car was back at service yesterday to deal with all the issues found at delivery. One of those was the lifting spoiler. They told me that tesla is doing a redesign/version 2 and that I was better off waiting for that to happen since most of the current crop are lifting either initially, or after a bit of time. Not sure I believe any of this, TBH, but, for now, I'm stuck with a rather terrible one...