Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got this yesterday: “Thank you for contacting Tesla. The carbon fiber spoiler included in the performance package will be installed at a location and time of your convenience when the parts are available. Unfortunately, we still do not have ETA on the parts' availability but hoping to get those in next couple of months.“

I just got the canned response:

"Thank you for contacting Tesla regarding your Model 3.

We want to surprise and delight our owners, so we’re bringing our Performance version of the Model 3 to market as quickly as possible. To get drivers into their perfect car now, the carbon fiber spoiler and Performance badging included in the Performance package will be installed after delivery at a location and time of your convenience when parts are available.

• Please note that all Dual Motor Badging will be installed after delivery for both Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive and Performance cars
Parts have just begun shipping, and we will inform you as soon as they become available at your preferred Tesla Service Center. Your account will automatically have a note applied to record that you’re owed these installations, and there is no need to reach out to confirm.

Visit our Support Page, which covers many frequently asked questions. You can reach us any time through your Tesla Account or [email protected].

Tyler Foss | Service Support"

Such a lame response.

Until they have the spoilers, post #124 is most likely the response you'll get.
Yea I have gotten that one which is unacceptable to me. As stated by others, if my BMW dealer tried to pull this crap (also own an M6) they would have my foot so far up their ass they could taste my socks. But you know what? I wouldn't have to do that as BMW would respond and take action like any reasonable luxury car manufacturer would. They might not give me everything I want, but I would still get a response that isn't canned with some attempt to make amends. I have actually recommended interested friends and family NOT to buy a Tesla as they are just a nightmare to deal with. The 98% of the car that I have is awesome, but I would rather have a less awesome car if it meant better customer service and support as a result.

With all the troubles I've been through, I've managed to develop a solid relationship with several folks at my local SC and received some interesting news on this today. Apparently, just like the vehicles themselves, the spoilers are arriving defective. I don't want to get into specifics for fear of throwing my local team under the bus (who've been nothing but great to me), but suffice it to say the issue is not that they don't have the spoilers — it's that they're not usable.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
With all the troubles I've been through, I've managed to develop a solid relationship with several folks at my local SC and received some interesting news on this today. Apparently, just like the vehicles themselves, the spoilers are arriving damaged repair. I don't want to get into specifics for fear of throwing my local team under the bus (who've been nothing but great to me), but suffice it to say the issue is not that they don't have the spoilers — it's that they're not usable.
Maybe the should just buy some from the 3rd party suppliers that seem to have them in mass and without any defects?

Thank you for contacting Tesla regarding the spoiler update. We have started receiving a limited supply of spoilers, and we are building stock to reach out to the early Model 3 Performance owners for installation. We are expecting to fulfill the requirements of the customers who purchased the vehicle in July/Aug/ Sept and can provide an ETA within few weeks.

I completely understand your frustration and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We are working hard to improve overall customer experience, and your feedback such as yours is highly appreciated.

Thank you for being a valuable Tesla customer!

I completely understand your frustration and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We are working hard to improve overall customer experience, and your feedback such as yours is highly appreciated.

This bit always cracks me up a bit, how exactly are they "working hard"? How hard can it be to procure spoilers that a company like RPM has been able to do for months now successfully? How much "hard work" does it actually take? Their nonsense is tiresome.

Just had remote service at my house today and no badges and no spoiler, but he said he spoke with the SC and I will get the next spoiler that they receive. Yeah right... What nonsense. No matter when they install it they can tell me it is the first they received. He also said they have received only one so far and installed it.

Reactions: wenkan