Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we have to call Tesla or the service center to get a spoiler ? or do they automatically make the call for you ?

I've called twice and been told both times that the spoilers are VIN assigned and I will be notified when mine is available. I got a text last week that my spoiler had been ordered and I'd be notified again after it was received and inspected to schedule an appointment.

Sounds like others have proactively called and found service centers with spoilers available.

So to answer your question....both?

Anyone ever ask to swap the spoiler out for the new AP or towards the purchase of FSD? I did not order it When it was EAP on the M3P. I have asked my service rep if this is possible. Seems like exchanging a $1,500 option for software enable would be a good swap. Anyone else have thoughts on this? Is this an unreasonable request? Seems like it would be an even trade to me.

Anyone ever ask to swap the spoiler out for the new AP or towards the purchase of FSD? I did not order it When it was EAP on the M3P. I have asked my service rep if this is possible. Seems like exchanging a $1,500 option for software enable would be a good swap. Anyone else have thoughts on this? Is this an unreasonable request? Seems like it would be an even trade to me.
I don't think anyone has tried. If you do try it, let us know how it goes.

0DAF786F-A156-42DA-A511-116682C6579C.jpeg
Daytime photo.

I don't think anyone has tried. If you do try it, let us know how it goes.
Yeah...they were not too enthused. My service rep told me the spoiler is now in stock and I would be scheduled for installation, and that I can purchase AP via the app. I then got a text from Tesla mobile parts saying they did not have the parts and that I would be notified when they came in. This is the same scenario over the last 5 months. I still don't think this is a big ask given We paid for a product that has not been delivered. All I'm asking for is to credit the cost of the spoiler toward another product. This should be a simple process and it's disappointing that it is not.

@CrazyCoconut,

Let us know how it works. I’m still waiting on mine.

Ski
So far so good. 3 days later now and the corners are still staying put. Weird thing is, the part number (-00-A) and manufacture date is the same between the first spoiler and the 2nd. The only difference is the the 2nd one was installed using jigs, then both corners were taped for approximately 15 hours. I'm not sure if the latter is strictly necessary, since 3M molding tape is pressure activated and doesn't really have a "cure time". But I'm sure it didn't hurt.