Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone’s app show the spoiler on the avatar of their car?

Yes. They should update your settings to show the spoiler after it is installed.
SmartSelect_20190430-223626_Tesla.jpg

Just heard from my SC (Paramus, NJ) that they will be getting a batch of spoilers between now and Saturday (they said they are the "new part") and will call me as soon as they are in to come over and have it installed. We'll see!! BTW, the folks at the Paramus SC really are great to work with -- friendly, professional and the DO follow-up!

I've had nothing but a nightmare experience with the spoiler.

All I can say is that if you have your car ceramic coated don't ask your detailer to install it even if they offer. Tesla won't warranty it and you will be SOL even if the spoiler itself wasn't properly fit. I was pretty much told it was to be considered an aftermarket part and is treated as such.

I'll do a full write-up once it all settles

I've had nothing but a nightmare experience with the spoiler.

All I can say is that if you have your car ceramic coated don't ask your detailer to install it even if they offer. Tesla won't warranty it and you will be SOL even if the spoiler itself wasn't properly fit. I was pretty much told it was to be considered an aftermarket part and is treated as such.

I'll do a full write-up once it all settles
Ceramic coating should be polished off at the trunk edge prior to spoiler installation.

Just got mine. After thoroughly inspecting the first one they looked at they discovered that it had some damage to the edge on one side so they did not install it. The second one was / is perfect...View attachment 403685

Wow that looks perfectly flush. And first from NY that I’ve seen get the spoiler. I took delivery in September and have yet to hear a peep from Tesla or the syosset service center.

Wow that looks perfectly flush. And first from NY that I’ve seen get the spoiler. I took delivery in September and have yet to hear a peep from Tesla or the syosset service center.

The guys at the Paramus SC are really great to work with and they know me well and seem to genuinely care about getting things right for me. That said, I did absolutely hound them via email, texts and phone calls about when my spoiler would finally arrive. According to everything that I have heard, the parts logjam just really broke in NY Metro over the past 10 days...

Just got my spoiler! Had my first visit to service center to get delivery day issues fixed. Asked for a spoiler add and they put it on. The ends are not perfectly flush but I don’t see a big problem in Orange County. Was told mobile service would put a new one on for next tire rotation.

I did get tire rotation for free at 3700 miles, so overall great experience.

February 2019 delivery.

Just got my spoiler! Had my first visit to service center to get delivery day issues fixed. Asked for a spoiler add and they put it on. The ends are not perfectly flush but I don’t see a big problem in Orange County. Was told mobile service would put a new one on for next tire rotation.

I did get tire rotation for free at 3700 miles, so overall great experience.

February 2019 delivery.
Where in CA are you? I live next to Fremont and took delivery in August..not a peep. I even went to the Service Center and asked to make an install appt. They said they’d reach out and it’s been over a month.