Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Anybody Installed An LED Light Bar In Their Lower Grille??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Peteybabes

redneck drivin' a tesla...
Apr 8, 2016
'murica
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody, especially our Australian friends, have installed a 30-50" LED light bar in the lower grille area on the Model X?

I know that in Australia the roads outside of the city aren't lit and there's a lot of wildlife so just about everybody has "spotty's" or LED bars. My friends have them wired to that when the high beams turn on they LED's turn on...

I think that they may just look cool and be very handy for road trips out west when the traffic thins out.

...FWIW: you are not getting many responses because what you are contemplating isn't very useful or fashionable for most tesla owners...

i get your thought process, but my hope with this "mod" would be to have it installed behind the lower grille so it's not noticeable until it's actually on...would be handy to spot them gators down there in Florida! :D

i get your thought process, but my hope with this "mod" would be to have it installed behind the lower grille so it's not noticeable until it's actually on...would be handy to spot them gators down there in Florida! :D
maybe if I lived in the middle of the everglades, fwiw: most of fla isn't a swamp and gators are everywhere where there is fresh water however for the most part they stay in the waters.
I have a deal with them, I don't bother them and they don't bother me.

• Funny
Reactions: Peteybabes
I'm in Florida and it's hard to leave my house most nights. The alligators are everywhere and without a large LED light bar you risk getting them jammed in your frunk.

I installed a big LED light bar and the extremely bright light frightens them away. I'm down to maybe one or two gator strikes a week now.

The only issue I've had with the LED bar is finding an extension cord long enough for my longer commutes. The upside though is that I'm always plugged in and never need to charge.
DS7_8796[1].JPG
DS7_8788[1].JPG

I'm in Florida and it's hard to leave my house most nights. The alligators are everywhere and without a large LED light bar you risk getting them jammed in your frunk.

I installed a big LED light bar and the extremely bright light frightens them away. I'm down to maybe one or two gator strikes a week now.

The only issue I've had with the LED bar is finding an extension cord long enough for my longer commutes. The upside though is that I'm always plugged in and never need to charge.
View attachment 241836 View attachment 241837
LOL!! love the humor. :D

now just mount behind that lower grille and wire it in with your high beam controls so that it comes on at the same time. ;)

LOL!! love the humor. :D

now just mount behind that lower grille and wire it in with your high beam controls so that it comes on at the same time. ;)
Hi. I'm a new member to this forum. I have a tesla model s and I also want to install a led light bar in the bottom grill and connecting to the high beams, except my installer can't identify the high beam wire to connect to. Any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody, especially our Australian friends, have installed a 30-50" LED light bar in the lower grille area on the Model X?

I know that in Australia the roads outside of the city aren't lit and there's a lot of wildlife so just about everybody has "spotty's" or LED bars. My friends have them wired to that when the high beams turn on they LED's turn on...

I think that they may just look cool and be very handy for road trips out west when the traffic thins out.
Have you considered wiring them to the fog lights?

Reactions: m5james