Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anybody tried going from Buffalo Supercharger to Somerset Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean a direct route through US-219 without stopping for charging. Supercharger.info rates it 255 miles and a 1400 ft elevation. I have a 90D and about 300KG payload. Planning on sticking to the speed limit and does not like the boring interstate driving. Evtripplanner said I could do it, just asking if any Canadians has done it in their Model S without stopping over.

Before the Buffalo Supercharger was available I stopped to top off in Ellicottville at a 30Amp Chargepoint charger and took the 219 route. I did not range charge and left with 20Km short of a standard full charge thinking that I that would be all I would need... I was wrong and almost ended up stranded and 9 miles short of the Somerset charger. I basically "glided" into Somerset showing "0" range and plugged in with minutes if not seconds left before the car shut down.

It is a very nice drive... very hilly and curvy through the Allegany forest. We also ran into heavy rain and borderline freezing conditions which I believe also affected my range significantly. If you have a 90D, range charge, and you are going during the summer you will probably be fine but it is awfully tempting to drive overly enthusiastic through these curvy roads and kill your range.

Before the Buffalo Supercharger was available I stopped to top off in Ellicottville at a 30Amp Chargepoint charger and took the 219 route. I did not range charge and left with 20Km short of a standard full charge thinking that I that would be all I would need... I was wrong and almost ended up stranded and 9 miles short of the Somerset charger. I basically "glided" into Somerset showing "0" range and plugged in with minutes if not seconds left before the car shut down.

It is a very nice drive... very hilly and curvy through the Allegany forest. We also ran into heavy rain and borderline freezing conditions which I believe also affected my range significantly. If you have a 90D, range charge, and you are going during the summer you will probably be fine but it is awfully tempting to drive overly enthusiastic through these curvy roads and kill your range.
thanks a lot for the tips. Normally I do drive very conservatively, and averaged sub 150wh/km (146wh/km) lately with local round trips. although local trips have better energy consumption due to lower speed, I don't expect it significantly higher and thus think it would be doable.