TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Has anybody wrapped multi-coat red with Xpel Stealth?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by ctn531, Jul 18, 2018.

1. ctn531

ctn531 Member

I've seen pictures of stealth wrap on silver, white and blue - looks awesome. I haven't seen any pictures of stealth wrap on the multi-coat red...

Anybody out there do this? Any pictures? How does it look?

Thanks-

2. PapaSlabes

PapaSlabes Member

I did a full front wrap for my Model 3. Came out perfect. Don't have a close up of the front, but unless I tell someone I did it, they have no idea.

3. ctn531

ctn531 Member

Stealth wrap is different than regular wrap. Stealth knocks down the shiny finish and transforms it to matte.

• Like x 1
  4. PapaSlabes

PapaSlabes Member

Ah, yes, my mistake. Missed that detail. Never mind . . .

5. Brian's ReX

Brian's ReX Member

My MX is red, and I opted for the clear Xpel wrap (wrapping the X is a must IMHO). I was afraid that a stealth red may end up looking like a tomato ;)

But, like you, I wasn't able to find any pics of stealth in red... which led me to think it may not look as amazing as some of the other colors.

I will say that the red, fully wrapped, and coated (did mine in Modesta) makes for an amazing look!

• Like x 1
  6. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

There are some on X forums ...it looks real good on MC Red ...you will be happy if u go that route

7. Need

Need Active Member

I have seen pictures of Model S or X stealth wrap on red, black, white, midnight silver, and blue on this forum. Don't remember seeing a stealth wrap silver. If you want I could try to find the stealth red. I think it was a MS in stealth red I saw.

8. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

• Like x 1
  9. ctn531

ctn531 Member

Thanks for the link - oh man, that looks pretty sweet. My X is slated for delivery between mid to late August. I have some time to make this tough decision - but in the end, it is a win-win, so it is all good. And yes, after full wrap I do plan on ceramic coat.

• Love x 2
  10. XPEL

XPEL Vendor

Let us know if we can help :)

Congrats on the X!

11. Brian's ReX

Brian's ReX Member

*Instant regret.

I was wrong. The stealth red looks amazing.

Guess I just gotta get another red X/S so I can have it 'stealthed'! :)

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  12. Brian's ReX

Brian's ReX Member

I wonder... since my coating made my Xpel so much 'glossier'... would a coating over a stealth wrap negate its satin appeal?

Maybe there's a coating that's satin?

13. XPEL

XPEL Vendor

Brian,

You can put ceramic coating on XPEL STEALTH, just not as many layers or you'll start to get a glossy look.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  14. jtdiddy

jtdiddy Member

hmmm, hard pass for me on the xpel stealth on Red. like the gloss way better

• Like x 2
  15. ctn531

ctn531 Member

That's what she said :) The Wife likes the gloss and I like the stealth. Since this is mainly her car, I think I might be toast ...