TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Has anyone actually been charged the $500 change fee?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Powered By Jay, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Powered By Jay

just curious if anyone has actually been charged the change fee.
    If so, when did you make the change? When did you find out they were actually charging you for it?

2. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

Ask nicely to waive it :)

3. Powered By Jay

That’s what I’ve done, but I haven’t received a response yet.

4. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Not that I’ve read. No one has gotten a change fee as long as the edit button is still there.

5. Powered By Jay

That’s what it seems like. I was able to get my edit button back so I went ahead and made a change.

6. BobCio

BobCio Member

@Powered By Jay - How did you get the edit button back? I ordered on 7/13/18, and confirmed everything, edit button went away within 48 hours. I now want to add the white seats to my 3 LR AWD, which weren't available when I originally ordered. I talked to local Tesla in Rocklin, and they tried to go in and make a change too, but couldn't, even though I don't have a VIN assigned yet. So have to wait until morning (Monday) for them to talk to someone in corporate I guess...

7. Powered By Jay

I told my delivery advisor I could not make the timeframe they required (5 days) due to vacation. She said she will make note to have me “re-matched” with another VIN. A day later, I asked her via email if I could make a change to add the performance upgrade. She said it would add 4-6 weeks. I replied saying I’m willing to wait, but I asked if the $500 fee could be waived. She didn’t reply, but my edit button suddenly reappeared. After a few days of no reply, I just went ahead and made the change.

8. Sagedaddy

Sagedaddy Member

I called and they could initiate the change to White over the phone. They follow up with an email that you reply to with the specified changes. I specifically asked about the $500 fee. The rep. Wasn’t sure and had to ask. The info that he got was that if you don’t have a VIN yet, there shouldn’t be a fee. In my email I specified that there shouldn’t be a fee. This happened on Friday...my build details haven’t been updated yet.

On another note, I get to test drive a M3P today! :~)

• Like x 1