TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Has anyone actually gotten a Next Gen rear seat rebate???

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by sorka, Apr 8, 2015.

1. sorka

sorka Active Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Merced, CA
    I ordered next gen seats front and back. Two days after my order was confirmed, Tesla dropped the rear next gen seats but not for orders already confirmed. However, my car came with only front next gen seats.

Some have said they are rebating while some have said they'll be getting rear next gen seats installed by Tesla at some point.

I prefer the rebate. I don't want the rear seats but I paid a lot more for them in order to get just the front, so I'm either getting a rebate or I'm getting the rear seats installed and will trade with someone + cash since there are those out there that want them that didn't pay for them because it was no longer an option when they ordered.

Has anyone actually gotten any sort of rebate for not getting the rear next gen seats they ordered?
  2. ashokrs

ashokrs Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Cambridge, MA
    I heard from the Tesla forum that someone got the refund for the scenario you mentioned here.

During 2nd week of Feb-15, I ordered the executive rear seats with regular NAPA leather front seats. After 2 weeks, I requested them to upgrade my front seats to next gen seats. I was told that would be a wierd combination and my DES had to get special approval to proceed with my needs. I got it thru in 2 days. Now, I am working with them on the revised pricing as my spec only includes next gen seats for the front. I paid the full $3,500 for the whole next gen which is supposed to include both front and rear. I don't know whether I will get some refund. Lets see.