Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone actually paid idle fees?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please don't start this series of posts all over again. Anyone who wants your voluminous thoughts only has to read the dozens of pages in the previous thread on this topic.

I only took part in jest. Blame @Kenriko for responding argumentatively. :)

I know, I know, it is human to be only annoyed by posts from those one disagrees with. Kenriko you ignored.

• Disagree
Reactions: KJD
And how they would charge any fee?

When do idle fees start occurring? Is it when your car reaches 100%? Or when you have enough to reach the next supercharger or destination (if you have Navigation ON)?

I am also wondering this as well. I can't imagine it is when you have enough to reach the next SC b/c that figure is never, EVER correct. I has to be from when the car stops charging.... either at 100% or the preset limit.

If you have a few days to spare: Improving Supercharger Availability $0.40 idle fee

Agreed for the people who discussed it back then.

But if someone restarts it (Kenriko in this case), it is quite normal that it will be re-discussed. No?
If people want to keep beating this dead horse, I would like to suggest that they visit this thread:
Improving Supercharger Availability $0.40 idle fee
First read the 1130 posts in the thread and then if they feel they have any new insight, feel free to post on that thread, not this one.

Is there a thread on this?

Where are they getting the data? It says realtime supercharger data provided by wk057. So by that it seems like he figured out where the data was coming from (as in how it gets to our cars). That means this data can be used to track usage over time. To figure out things like when the busy times are at a particular supercharger, etc.

Reactions: Piney999
Is there a thread on this?

Where are they getting the data? It says realtime supercharger data provided by wk057. So by that it seems like he figured out where the data was coming from (as in how it gets to our cars). That means this data can be used to track usage over time. To figure out things like when the busy times are at a particular supercharger, etc.
Supercharger Live Status

• Informative
Reactions: S4WRXTTCS

Excellent data summary ... the rest of the USA will look like California with the release of the Model 3 :cool:

upload_2017-2-11_17-9-15.png

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to PURPOSELY incur a small idle fee to see the entire process for myself.

Because I'm an Engineer, and that's how we roll.

I'm also coming up with the excuse I'll use at the SC because it's an integral part of the process.

Sorry, I was chasing my dog
Sorry, I was making out with my girl and no one knocked.
Sorry, I was chatting with a perspective owner and I lost track of time
Sorry, but not sorry. I was defeating the super bad guy in <insert game here> while incurring them.
I got kidnapped by aliens!!! Have you no sympathy???

I have till May to do it because that's about the time when my SC visit is.

I'll know on Friday. I was late 2 mins after my 5min grace period (occurred early January). So let's see if they charge me my $0.80 idle fee.

I'm sure I have enough pennies to handle the payment.
I used to think that they wouldn't charge for the 5 minute grace period but someone else pointed out that they probably will. If that's the case, then you'd be charged for the full 7 minutes ($2.80) instead of just the 2 minutes ($0.80). Better start digging through the sofa cushions!

I'll know on Friday. I was late 2 mins after my 5min grace period (occurred early January). So let's see if they charge me my $0.80 idle fee.

I'm sure I have enough pennies to handle the payment.
As @MorrisonHiker said, make that $2.80. Most everyone assumes the grace period means there's no charge if you return during that time, but if you return after the grace period, you pay for all the time after the car finishes charging. So the minimum idle fee is $2.00

As @MorrisonHiker said, make that $2.80. Most everyone assumes the grace period means there's no charge if you return during that time, but if you return after the grace period, you pay for all the time after the car finishes charging. So the minimum idle fee is $2.00

This may be splitting hairs, but wouldn't the minimum charge be $2.40? You'd have to have been six minutes late to be beyond the five minute grace period.

Reactions: Johann Koeber