Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone actually used the 3 year buy back program?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I wanted to know if anyone has returned their car after the 36 month period based on their buy back policy.

Also, there is a clause that states that in order to use their buy back policy, that you must have serviced the vehicle with Tesla every year. Does anyone know how strictly this clause is enforced?

The problem with the buy-back is the wording. It appears you must pay the loan off completely to close out the loan and hold title so that then they will buy it from you. I know it can be done in one day - but it involves the car owner paying it off first before Tesla will buy it from the owner. Is that your experience?

Haven't completed it yet but I understand that when my new car is ready, I just drive the old one in and return with the new.

I specified that the remaining value (Tesla offer minus loan balance) be used for the down payment. My car has been inspected and the original offer stands. I ended up with a positive equity of $18,200.